not receiving emails and not finding it in the junk folder on webmail

LauraR
Grasshopper

Does anyone know why I am not receiving some emails and not finding them in the junk folder in webmail either? 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

-- that is not a lot of information to work with. Do the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LauraR -- that is not a lot of information to work with.

Do the senders use Yahoo Mail, Google Mail, Telus mail, or Shaw E-mail ?

Is it, for example, all users who send from a Yahoo ID, or just one specific Yahoo ID?

Is your Shaw WebMail "full"? Maybe, "Empty the Trash Folder" ??

0 Kudos

No my shaw webmail is not full and the trash folder is no...

LauraR
Grasshopper

No my shaw webmail is not full and the trash folder is not full either. My daughter had sent me an email from her live.ca account and I did not receive it. I was waiting for an email from the Empress spa and I did not receive it. They were the ones that said to check my junk folder. There was nothing in the junk folder when I checked my webmail. So I'm just wondering the emails are 'lost' somewhere?

0 Kudos

--  I'm just wondering the emails are 'lost' somewhere? I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LauraR --  I'm just wondering the emails are 'lost' somewhere?

It could be. The message from your daughter requires a few "steps" to reach you:

1. from her computer to Microsoft's mail-server for the "live.ca" domain;
  2. from that mail-server to the mail-server for the "shaw.ca" domain;
  3. through spam-filtering by Shaw's mail-server;
  4. for Shaw WebMail to fetch the message from Shaw's mail-server.

In theory, each of these steps takes less than one second. In practice, there may possibly be "delays", somewhere along the path, that may appear to be a "lost" message. Also, Shaw's spam-filter could have "bounced" any detected-as-spam message back to your daughter's "inbox". 

Also, Shaw's mail-server may be limiting the number of messages per 24 hours that were sent from that mail-server for the "live.ca" domain. So, your daughter's message may not be accepted by Shaw's mail-server until the start of the next 24-hour period (which is midnight in Calgary).

Have you set the "preferences" within Shaw WebMail to (silently) "discard" all messages that have been tagged as "spam" messages?  You might want to change that preference to "tag the message, and accept it".

Does "Empress Spa" use a "live.ca" ID, or their own mail-server, e.g., something like "info@empress.spa.website.ca" ?

0 Kudos

Is your Shaw mail set to discard spam messages immediatel...

rstra
Grand Master

@LauraR  Is your Shaw mail set to discard spam messages immediately? These message would not show up in the trash.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/about-shaw-webmail-s-email-filters-and-spam-settings/ta...

Thanks for your suggestions. I have changed my preference...

LauraR
Grasshopper

Thanks for your suggestions. I have changed my preferences to see if this works. 

0 Kudos

wrote: to see if this works Did it? Please read: https://...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LauraR wrote: to see if this works

Did it?

Please read: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/not-receiving-emails-in-webmail/td-p/59111

for a hint on how to search through your E-mail messages for a specific string, namely "empress" or the first name of your daughter, to see if you have received the messages, but just cannot find them by manually scrolling.

0 Kudos

no

wallyg1
Grasshopper

no

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wallyg1 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

You wrote "no".  Can you give more information on what you tried, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened, including any error-messages.  You can also post a "screen-shot" into your reply, to help explain what you are seeing.

0 Kudos

why are we not getting help with this????

arowe
Grasshopper

why are we not getting help with this????

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help