Outages

goudreau
Grasshopper

Why does does Shaw Northern Alberta outages always say "Good news, no outages here" but when I go to istheservicedowncanada.com there are issues every day in my community (Beaumont)? And trust me, there really are issues here everyday.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

we do not manage the site that you are mentioning. All ou...

shaw-tony

@goudreau we do not manage the site that you are mentioning. All our service updates are posted here. When/what kind of service troubles are you having? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

-- looking at that web-site, it seems that they do not mo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@goudreau -- looking at that web-site, it seems that they do not monitor the Shaw network. Telus? Yes. Bell? Yes. Facebook? Yes.

0 Kudos

slow speeds 80 mbps download

larrypatjes
Grasshopper

slow speeds 80 mbps download

0 Kudos

So how long should we expect between service going down a...

Dhszhdh
Grasshopper

So how long should we expect between service going down and the issue being acknowledged on that page?

I lose service for between 5 and 10 hours each month and there is zero record of the outages or maitiance on the page you listed.

For example right now the internet has been down in the Delton area of Northern edmonton for over and hour and there is zero documentation on it although https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/shaw/map currently shows the outage.

0 Kudos

You should contact Shaw to troubleshoot your connection a...

rstra
Grand Master

@Dhszhdh  

Edit: I was totally wrong, there is an outage posted for Edmonton now, not sure if that is your neighbourhood.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help