Jump to solution

picture of someone else shows up when i send emails from my shaw email

jbarber
Grasshopper

When I send an email from my shaw email account a picture of some unknow female shows up as the picture on the recipient end. I need to get rid of this photo as it is not only stupid but unprofessional when coming from my email.

How do I remove the photo?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- If you send an E-mail to yourself, do you see that pic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jbarber -- If you send an E-mail to yourself, do you see that picture?

Do all recipients of your E-mail see the same picture, or exactly one recipient? If the latter, get that recipient to access their "E-mail contacts". The information that they have for you contains your name & E-mail ID *and* that picture.

In the past, the recipient may have received a "spam" E-mail, including that picture, and the message "spoofed" your E-mail ID. Their E-mail program saved your ID and that picture into "Contacts".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- If you send an E-mail to yourself, do you see that pic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jbarber -- If you send an E-mail to yourself, do you see that picture?

Do all recipients of your E-mail see the same picture, or exactly one recipient? If the latter, get that recipient to access their "E-mail contacts". The information that they have for you contains your name & E-mail ID *and* that picture.

In the past, the recipient may have received a "spam" E-mail, including that picture, and the message "spoofed" your E-mail ID. Their E-mail program saved your ID and that picture into "Contacts".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

When I sent an email to my same email address at Shaw the...

jbarber
Grasshopper

When I sent an email to my same email address at Shaw the picture did not show up, but when I sent an email to 2 separate gmail accounts of mine the picture showed up on the recipient end.

I had my young adult daughter look into the issue and she determined that the photo was of Miley Cirus and was associated with an email account set up for her years ago which, because she was still a teen, required her account be associated with an adult account (mine). It appears she remedied the situation by accessing that old account - She either replaced the offending photo with one of me on that old account or set up my Shaw account with a photo of me. As I did not follow her step by step I do not know precisely how she resolved the issues but it is now resolved. In any event when I now send an email to one of my gmails accounts the photo of me appears. I want to thank you for your thoughts which I had my daughter review before she tackled the problem. I was completely befoozeled by the issue but suspected it was related to gmail and indeed it appears to have been linked to her teen account from over ten years ago. Thanks again and hope you stay healthy and well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- you're welcome.  Within this forum, you can click on t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jbarber -- you're welcome.  Within this forum, you can click on the "dot-dot-dot" that is right-justified beside each reply, and, as the "owner" of the question, you can choose "accept as answer", when you are satisfied with a response.

0 Kudos