Pop Up - Do you want to update your notification permission?

midlakevet
Grasshopper

What does this mean? Do I want/need it?

I can turn off the pop up but maybe I need it?

Labels (1)
16 Replies

-- for me, the pop-up only occurs exactly once -- the fir...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@midlakevet -- for me, the pop-up only occurs exactly once -- the first time that I use a different computer to access Shaw WebMail.

Are you using some third-party software to "delete cookies" from your web-browser?

This happens to me on a daily basis and has occurred more...

lplwright
Grasshopper

This happens to me on a daily basis and has occurred more than once during the day.  Support tells me I have to choose yes or no every time.  Really?  This cannot be corrected?  Never had this issue with the competitor's web mail.

I agree.  It is extremely annoying.  You'd think a hi tec...

JM491
Grasshopper

I agree.  It is extremely annoying.  You'd think a hi tech company like Shaw could fix this for the amount of money we pay them.  Maybe they don't understand that once you reach a critical mass of "annoyings" then you change providers!

I get this annoying message multiple times a day if I go...

bartled
Grasshopper

I get this annoying message multiple times a day if I go through my email on the browser. I can answer yes or no and it makes no difference. Seems to be a totally useless message.

-- I get that message from several other web-sites. Those...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@midlakevet -- I get that message from several other web-sites. Those sites want to "push" their advertisements into my web-browser. I just click "NO".

Do you have a web-browser setting to "clear cookies" when you close the web-browser? Deleting a cookie may "cancel" your "NO" response, and thus cause the next visit of the web-site to try (again) to ask the question.

I have been using Shaw webmail for YEARS. I get this *$#(...

Karl_Low
Grasshopper

I have been using Shaw webmail for YEARS. I get this *$#(ing pop up every single day on the same computer. Every day. Often more than once a day. It is so bloody annoying. It does not matter what you click, it will be back in an hour or so.  Why can't they fix this?  No, I am not clearing cookies between sessions. I am a web programmer and have triple checked anything that might be preventing it from saving this preference. The problem is with Shaw.  And there are many other threads online about this issue. 

-- I have seen the same message, but only the first time...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Karl_Low -- I have seen the same message, but only the first time that I opened Gmail on a computer that I recently built. So, I think that it is not a "Shaw problem".

0 Kudos

Actually your response suggests is definitely IS a Shaw p...

Karl_Low
Grasshopper

Actually your response suggests is definitely IS a Shaw problem.  Gmail works properly by asking this only on first use.  Shaw asks on all uses for MANY users even if the cache is not cleared.  So yes, it's a Shaw issue.

-- which web-browser are you using that shows that pop-up...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Karl_Low -- which web-browser are you using that shows that pop-up ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help