Jump to solution

Hi  , any chance if you have a couple of minutes free you...

g-idk
Master

Hi @shaw-tony , any chance if you have a couple of minutes free you could check my modems readings,  so I know  whether or not to call Shaw Support.  If you can't no worries I know your a busy person.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , I presume your stumped as well since I never heard...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , I presume your stumped as well since I never heard back, ohh well thanks for trying anyways. Stay Safe

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- remember that the "real-time" graphs from the Shaw Spe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- remember that the "real-time" graphs from the Shaw SpeedTest show the average speed, after the test has completed. I place more trust in the instantaneous output from the Windows Task Manager.

Jump to solution

ok  , thanks once again for trying to work out this head...

g-idk
Master

ok @mdk , thanks once again for trying to work out this head scratcher.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi again  , just thought I'd give you a laugh, guess what...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @mdk , just thought I'd give you a laugh, guess what I tried some other speedtest sites such as comcast speed test, fast speedtest, telus speed test, and comcast showed download 284, telus showed 298, but fast showed just like Shaw Speed test only 170, and Ookla of course 308 download.  So for some reason my computer does not play nice with Shaw Speed Test or Fast.com Speed Test, go figure hey.  Anyways just thought I'd let you know.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Your signal looks solid with no errors showing up. It is...

shaw-tony

@g-idk Your signal looks solid with no errors showing up. It is certainly odd that the numbers are not matching up. Do the slower numbers show up when running in safe-mode with networking or on other devices (even testing on WiFi)?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , thank you ever so much for doing that for me.  I wi...

g-idk
Master

Hi @shaw-tony , thank you ever so much for doing that for me.  I will try the safe-mode with networking a little later and post the results, and not using wi-fi at all (no devices) so have it turned off.  Craziest head scratcher this one is, my computer loves Ookla SpeedTest the best and disapproves of Shaw SpeedTest.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi again  , you might be on to something here with the Sa...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @shaw-tony , you might be on to something here with the Safe-Mode trial.  For some reason I couldn't snip in safe mode so here are the numbers.  Ookla SpeedTest in safe mode got a whopping 312.55 download with a 16.22 upload but Shaw SpeedTest did have a remarkable increase to 259.5 download and 16.2 upload, still not the same but a big difference from the usual 170.  After I re-started my computer in normal I ran the tests again but I was able to use the snip now so here are the results. 

Screenshot 2020-11-30 162351.png

Above is SpeedTest.net 

Screenshot 2020-11-30 162715.png

This is Shaw SpeedTest.   So looks like my computer only semi-likes Shaw SpeedTest in safe-mode and dislikes it in normal mode,  Oh here is a comcast snip I just ran a test while I was typing this on another tab.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 164710.png

This server from Comcast seems to be in Florida and I still get 274.  Why doesn't my computer like Shaw SpeedTest. lol.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

it could be several things, background programs, antiviru...

shaw-tony

@g-idk it could be several things, background programs, antivirus/firewalls, browser extensions, or settings. Speed tests are used to measure the maximum speed to a specific server, external factors can affect that measurement. 

0 Kudos