Jump to solution

-- please read the "fine print" on your monthly invoice:...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Janet777 -- please read the "fine print" on your monthly invoice:

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR HOME SERVICES

Effective January 10, 2024, the monthly service fee for your Internet package as shown on this
bill will increase by $4 plus taxes.

TV package as shown on this bill will increase by $3 plus taxes.

Home Phone service as shown on this bill will increase by $3 plus taxes.

Any active discount or guaranteed rate will remain in effect until its end date.

If you are on a 2-year ValuePlan, this monthly service fee adjustment will not apply to your 2-year ValuePlan
services for the duration of your contract term. 

===========

Important words above are: will not apply ... & for the duration ...

It is possible that those subscribers with "Limited TV" will not have a price increase.

Jump to solution

My bill for Saw 2 year va;ue plan went up by $25 for Janu...

Janet777
Grasshopper

My bill for Saw 2 year va;ue plan went up by $25 for January 2024. Not by $4. so why the $25 increase?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , I would think that is a totally different increase...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Janet777 , I would think that is a totally different increase than what we were talking about on here regarding the yearly price increases.  You should definitely check your account at myshaw.ca or the myshaw app, go to billing section scroll down till you find the previous invoices and current transactions areas. In this section you should be able to view all the current charges individually and see where this $25.oo increase is coming from.  If this doesn't help then I would suggest you phone/social media chat/or the Rogers/Shaw chat function and talk to the billing dept. so you can get this figured out.  Hope it all gets worked out for you.  Let us know how it worked out.   

Jump to solution

Not sure how they can increase the rate when the stabilit...

adikajt
Grasshopper

Not sure how they can increase the rate when the stability of the internet isn't very good, for the past 3 weeks my internet/modem has been crashing and restarting every single day, upwards of 3 times a day and sometimes its down for 5 to 10 minutes. Crazy how they can provide this type of service and expect to charge more money.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- your comment is off-topic for this thread.  If you hav...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@adikajt -- your comment is off-topic for this thread.  If you have a problem with your Internet service, please contact Shaw/Rogers [1-888-472-2222] and get their Support department to trouble-shoot your problem.

Or, start a new thread in this discussion forum, and you'll get help from the volunteers within this forum.

For me, my XB7 cable-modem has been "rock-solid" -- no issues at all.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  &  & everyone else, Just an update I received my new...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk & @rstra & everyone else, Just an update I received my new monthly invoice today for services Jan.14/Feb.13 and I can totally confirm that there was absolutely no net change in my bill total due, it was exactly the same as always, so anyone on a 2 year value plan can rest assured that the price increase that was announced for Jan. 10/2024 does not affect them until there 2 year contract is finished.  And on the second page of the invoice you can clearly see where they list your services and I can see where the price has indeed gone up for the individual services by $4.00 and $3.00 and limited tv base had no price increase, but when you look further down under promotions you can also see where they have increased the deduction so it cancels the increase out.  If recent changes where made to your account services then this statement might not apply to you.  This is for just a standard no changes 2 year value plan with internet/home phone/limited tv(still have grandfathered limited tv with all the american channels with no price increase).  Have a great day everyone (brrrrr baby it's cold outside).    

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update  !

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks for the update @g-idk !

Jump to solution

wrote: limited TV base had no price increase I think that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk wrote: limited TV base had no price increase

I think that the price is mandated by the Federal Government, targeted at "low-income" TV-watchers.

but when you look further down under promotions, you can also see where  they have increased the deduction, so it cancels the increase out. 

Yes, some Other People did not read all the "fine print" on their monthly invoice, before posting here.  😞

> If recent changes

> where [?]

> made to your account

Jump to solution

I just got a bill increase of approx 10% per month....alo...

Nordic4U
Grasshopper

I just got a bill increase of approx 10% per month....alot for a senior citizen struggling on a disability pension.  I used the chat option but they had no answers, was advised to call Shaw; they couldn't do anything either.  Years ago, Shaw used to give small monthly discounts to pensioners...Is it possible for Shaw/Rogers to implement that kind gesture again?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It is too bad that Rogers/Shaw gave you the run around. R...

rstra
Grand Master

@Nordic4U  It is too bad that Rogers/Shaw gave you the run around. Rogers has the Connected for Success program. Go here to check your province and to see if you are eligible:

https://www.rogers.com/connected-for-success

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help