Rogers-Shaw Corporate Promises

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Rogers, Together with Shaw - About Rogers

The new era of wonderfulness is emerging.  Why, they're going to spend, enhance, invest, expand, create, sponsor, add, launch and build.  Untold billions.

I can hardly wait. 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Yes, you summed up the promises very nicely (I also read...

proud-boomer
Grasshopper

Yes, you summed up the promises very nicely (I also read the full FAQ).  Let's hope they stick to most of that.  Minister Champagne states he is going to watch this process "like a hawk" and that up to billions of dollars in fines await Rogers and Videotron if they don't come through.  In the 40 plus years I have lived in Canada, I'm not even sure I've seen more than a couple million dollar fines, most are in the $100 thousand range, which for a corporation the size of Rogers isn't even their coffee budget. I'm willing to accept their promises for now, but I will really be watching them like a hawk,

Minister Champagne, will come and go, so will the Prime Minister, in years to come, but this acquisition is forever (or until someone buys Rogers or they spin off some of their holdings, so I will wait and see.  Rogers is not exactly known for keeping to their word.

Proud-boomer

0 Kudos

Rogers taking over.  We are all screwed.  Higher rates, l...

mpa
Grasshopper

Rogers taking over.  We are all screwed.  Higher rates, less reliability.  Internet caps and restrictions and likely will be fully on board with the incoming internet censorship.  Will they protect their customers or sell them out to the government?

"Untold billions" who do you think is going to pay for that?  Also it will not help existing customers at all, only serve to get more customers.  We lose, Rogers wins.   And i wouldnt be so optimistic as an employee.  Expect massive layoffs (once the spotlight dims)

I don’t think so. Rogers have never been customer orienta...

blondeozdoc
Grasshopper

I don’t think so.

Rogers have never been customer orientated, just money hungry.

im going over to TELUS and get get better service and coverage.

I’m with you on all that you wrote!  well said!

blondeozdoc
Grasshopper

I’m with you on all that you wrote! 
well said!

0 Kudos

I’m already getting screwed pretty hard since the rogers...

JuicyGeauce
Grasshopper

I’m already getting screwed pretty hard since the rogers takeover I’ve lost internet connection multiple times a day every day. I don’t know what happened but in almost the entire year with shaw absolutely no issues until now…

0 Kudos

I guarantee that the problems you are experiencing now ar...

rstra
Grand Master

@JuicyGeauce  I guarantee that the problems you are experiencing now are not linked to the merger.

You’re probably right, but that absolutely doesn’t discre...

JuicyGeauce
Grasshopper

You’re probably right, but that absolutely doesn’t discredit the fact that my wifi has been spotty at best over the last month. Maybe shaw always sucked and i am just noticing more frequently.

0 Kudos

I renewed with Shaw a month ago, same plan and price. Add...

rickatk
Master

I renewed with Shaw a month ago, same plan and price. Added Free Disney+. Saved a few bucks in the process. As of today everything still works just fine. Nothing to really complain about. I have never been a Rogers customer so nothing to complain about their either. I see they are adding a new tower in the Oceanside area. So maybe Rogers Cellular might be in my future. I have been a long time Telus customer though but Oceanside reception is terrible. If Rogers drops the ball there are options and alternatives over at Telus. Still sad to see Shaw go. 

0 Kudos

-- my WiFi has been spotty at best over the last month....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JuicyGeauce -- my WiFi has been spotty at best over the last month. 

Where is the "spottiness":

1. between your WiFi-using device and the Shaw cable-modem
  2. between the Shaw cable-modem and the Internet

?

Maybe, replacing the cable-modem will help. Contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to get them to remotely logon to the cable-modem, to check the "signal strength" reaching it, because poor signal strength can cause issues.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help