-- My daughter has Rogers cell phone and pays twice as mu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jle -- My daughter has Rogers cell phone and pays twice as much as I do. 

Your daughter can sign-up with Shaw Mobile, even if she has no other services from Shaw. Her monthly charge will be higher than if she was a Shaw Internet customer, but probably will still be less than her current plan. Maybe.

Or, if you're on Shaw Mobile, and Shaw thinks that you have a good credit-rating, you could add a "bring your/her own phone" second phone into your account, while porting her phone-number from Rogers to Shaw Mobile.

However, I hear that Shaw/Rogers have offered to bundle Shaw Mobile with Freedom Mobile, and then sell-off this bundle, to try to please the federal authorities (CRTC and other Federal Commissions).  

0 Kudos

My daughter doesn’t live with me, she is an adult.  The l...

Jle
Grasshopper

My daughter doesn’t live with me, she is an adult.  The last I heard they don’t offer Shaw phone in Duncan. 

0 Kudos

--  last I heard they don’t offer Shaw phone in Duncan Hm...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jle --  last I heard they don’t offer Shaw phone in Duncan

Hmm. When I randomly picked a street address in Duncan, I got the result:

Good news! The plan you’ve selected is available in your area.

Service address: Alexander St, Duncan, BC, V9L ...

Plan: Home Phone

So, she should be able to "port" her telephone-number, once you add her phone to your Shaw account.

Having two phones in different telephone exchanges, e.g., having a personal number in Cobble Hill, and having a business number in Victoria, should not cause any issue. 

Of course, it would be wise to contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to get an official response.

0 Kudos

I worked for Shaw for 12 1/2 years.  I know that Shaw hom...

Jle
Grasshopper

I worked for Shaw for 12 1/2 years.  I know that Shaw home phone is available just about everywhere, but we are talking cell phone.  I think freedom is available in Duncan but was told Shaw cell service isn’t. I don’t live in Duncan and I have freedom cell service.  

0 Kudos

Yes, no Freedom Mobile in Duncan and since Shaw Mobile us...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jle 

Yes, no Freedom Mobile in Duncan and since Shaw Mobile uses the Freedom network, it isn’t there either. Some people on the outskirts of Duncan may get some connection, but I have heard it is really spotty.

Since Shaw and Rogers are in negotiations, it would seem that Shaw/Freedom has paused their expansion. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. 

0 Kudos

I like getting those calls from Shaw. I don't get them mu...

rickatk
Master

@mdk I like getting those calls from Shaw. I don't get them much any more. Now mostly a lump discount and some hardware discounts. Still makes for a good package coupled with good service and system I remain happy. I think Shaw is getting a little sharper with their pencil these days. Who isn’t?

0 Kudos

Interesting to hear. We don't have much to go on about Ro...

rickatk
Master

@Jle Interesting to hear. We don't have much to go on about Rogers’s here in the west. I was initially interested in the merger but I am wondering now as I read about peoples negatived experiences. I found it difficult to find much positive about Rogers. There are some very strong opinions against Rogers being posted on Reddit r-shaw. 

Hard to say.

0 Kudos

I got the renewal email from Shaw, chatted in and was sur...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk 

I got the renewal email from Shaw, chatted in and was surprised to hear that the price on my bundle is staying the same. 

The same thing happened with me; Shaw called me in March,...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

The same thing happened with me; Shaw called me in March, I had one year left and offered me Fibre Gig and Total TV for $125 a month. I was paying $125 a month for 500mbps and Total TV

I will call them and see if they will bump me up from 300.

rstra
Grand Master

@gordon1111 

I will call them and see if they will bump me up from 300.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help