Safari 14 Will Not Run Shaw Blu Curve TV

Mississagi
Grasshopper

Apple has recently updated Safari to version 14.  Version 14 no longer supports Adobe Flash.  Not unexpected given Flash has security issues and is likely being phased out.

What does Shaw intend to do so that Blu Curve TV will work on Mac computers running Safari version 14 or later?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

-- What does Shaw intend to do ... This issue, and the di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mississagi -- What does Shaw intend to do ...

This issue, and the disabling of Flash within Microsoft Windows 10 after 2020, has been discussed in a few other threads on this user-to-user discussion forum, without a definitive conclusion.

No employee of Shaw will reveal any "company confidential" information on this forum, if they want to stay as an employee of Shaw.

0 Kudos

Run it on Chrome.

rstra
Grand Master

Run it on Chrome. 

Chrome seems to be a good work round, at least for the ti...

Mississagi
Grasshopper

Chrome seems to be a good work round, at least for the time being.  Regrettably many of us do not like using Chrome.  Safari is a mainstream browser, so Shaw will need to address the issue of Flash being phased out.  Hopefully Shaw will do this sooner rather than later!

I read that the Xfinity streaming app will support Chrome...

rstra
Grand Master

I read that the Xfinity streaming app will support Chromecast, hopefully Shaw picks up on this as well. 

0 Kudos

I have also had this problem and now I cannot watch my tv...

SusanLEW
Grasshopper

I have also had this problem and now I cannot watch my tv shows from my laptop. Hope Shaw fixes this problem with Safari14 for Mac

0 Kudos

-- I cannot watch my tv shows from my laptop. Hope Shaw f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SusanLEW -- I cannot watch my tv shows from my laptop. Hope Shaw fixes this problem with Safari14 for Mac.

Given that the "sunset" for Adobe Flash -- announced in mid-2017 -- will be December 31 this year, one must expect that Shaw is aware, and will soon announce something.

In the interim, as a bypass, use a different web-browser, e.g., Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for IOS.

TALK TO US
We're here to help