Jump to solution

Sent email not saving in "Sent" folder

MCR
Grasshopper

.: Greetings. I've just noticed that all emails sent out from my account, including replies to incoming messages, are not being saved in the "Sent" folder. In my preferences, I have checked "Save a copy of sent messages to my Sent folder." I am at a loss to explain this, and cannot change any Preferences to make it happen again.

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your guidance.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

hmm, that's certainly odd where it's not saving the email...

shaw-tony

@MCR hmm, that's certainly odd where it's not saving the email after you send the email. Just to confirm, you have selected to save a copy to your sent folder in both "Account" and "Mail" preferences similar to below?

1.PNG2.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw-Tony: Thank you for your message. I discovered that...

MCR
Grasshopper

Shaw-Tony: Thank you for your message. I discovered that I had "Save a Copy to Your Sent Folder" turned on in the Account setting, but NOT in the Compose Mail setting. I turned it on there, and it is now working again.

Thank you very kindly, and so much, for your generous guidance and help.

LDR

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jump to solution

What program are you using to process your E-mail? Micros...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What program are you using to process your E-mail? Microsoft Outlook? Thunderbird? Windows 10 Mail? Windows Live Mail? Eudora? Shaw WebMail?

Jump to solution

I am using only Shaw Webmail.

MCR
Grasshopper

I am using only Shaw Webmail.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hmm, that's certainly odd where it's not saving the email...

shaw-tony

@MCR hmm, that's certainly odd where it's not saving the email after you send the email. Just to confirm, you have selected to save a copy to your sent folder in both "Account" and "Mail" preferences similar to below?

1.PNG2.PNG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw-Tony: Thank you for your message. I discovered that...

MCR
Grasshopper

Shaw-Tony: Thank you for your message. I discovered that I had "Save a Copy to Your Sent Folder" turned on in the Account setting, but NOT in the Compose Mail setting. I turned it on there, and it is now working again.

Thank you very kindly, and so much, for your generous guidance and help.

LDR

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with copies of sent emails no...

weigh2goh
Grasshopper

I'm having the same problem with copies of sent emails no longer being stored in the Sent folder. And this is with such storage being requested in both Mail and Accounts Preferences. It's only in the last week or so that this problem has arisen.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I solved the problem myself. I went to the Sent folder's...

weigh2goh
Grasshopper

I solved the problem myself. I went to the Sent folder's "Edit Properties" and saw that the Retention requirement was somehow needing to be registered. So I did that, and everything's fine now.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Well, the problem is back again. Emails are sent without...

weigh2goh
Grasshopper

Well, the problem is back again. Emails are sent without a copy being retained in the Sent folder, and that's with every 'formal request' for retention having been made.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That's very odd. Do you have this setting below?

shaw-tony

That's very odd. Do you have this setting below?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help