Setting up IP Passthrough for Xbox One S

shankster69
Grasshopper

I have been trying to set up IP passthrough on my Hitron Shaw Modem with no luck, I have 2nd IP address already. Was wondering if anybody could help please?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: Setting up IP Passthrough for Xbox One S

shankster69
Grasshopper

I get the NAT to stay Open but soon as I shut off Xbox and turn it back on it goes to Strict! Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey shankster69,

Thank you for reaching out. Since you have your second IP enabled, please follow the steps here to complete the IP passthrough to your Xbox. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

shankster69
Grasshopper

I have done those steps and it works ( I have Open Nat ), but when I shut off and turn on the next day or later on it has gone back to strict. 

0 Kudos

chris_feller
Grasshopper

On the hitron modem does The IP pass through turn off on its own? 

It wouldn't hurt to do a factory reset on the modem then try setting up the up pass through again.

0 Kudos

shankster69
Grasshopper

I'll have to try that because I just turned Xbox on again and it"s back to strict. Kinda frustrating having to set up IP pass through  everytime I turn on the Xbox.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

chris_feller and  once you set the IP passthrough, the MAC address should be saved in the settings so it shouldn't require a new set up each time.

0 Kudos

shankster69
Grasshopper

Yes it should be but that isn't the case for me. Every day its gone and have to redo it, maybe i'm missing something.

0 Kudos

shankster69
Grasshopper

Can anybody help with this? Every single day I have to go back and put in my Xbox Mac address for IP passthrough because it goes back to Strict. When I go through the steps and put in my address I have Nat Open for the day. When I go and try again the next day I'm back to Strict, obviously the settings aren't saving. Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Just curious, have you already tried doing a factory reset? If not, I'd do that first and then try adding the MAC address again. If it continues to lose the settings I'd recommend reach out to customer support as it may just be a faulty modem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help