lol , they can only try ,,,lol i am planning on recording...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

lol , they can only try ,,,lol

i am planning on recording a video clip at the post office showing the modem and cables going inside the shipping box, with a copy of my last bill, also showing the way bill on the box and the post office agent taking it from me. keep a hard copy of the waybill as well as logging the tracking number in Canada post app. . i have done that before when someone sold me a locked phone as being new.

Hey  , now your talking.  This way your covering your bas...

g-idk
Master

Hey @marinerbcfc , now your talking.  This way your covering your bases fully and I commend you for that.  Sometimes customers will just drop the box off at Canada Post and figure ok that's it, out of my hands, out of my responsibility, don't bother to keep the tracking number and then get a nasty surprise from Shaw when they don't get it, until that parcel arrives in Shaw's hands it is still the customers responsibility to deal with Canada Post, not Shaw's.  Ok good talking to you. Stay Safe.

-- the massive discount on a new iPhone in a time that al...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marinerbcfc -- the massive discount on a new iPhone in a time that all carriers removed the subsidies

From the Shaw Mobile web-site, I see:

iPhone 12 Pro (256 GB)

Device Payments ($0 Upfront): $52/mo

[24 * $52 == $1248]

You have saved $336 on your order

Outright Device Price: $1,584.00

Is $336 a "massive" discount (21%) ??

0 Kudos

lol here is what i said    " i have been with rogers for...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

lol here is what i said    " i have been with rogers for 24 years , moved to BC 20 years ago and kept the same number , i can not say enough about rogers and the perks that they are giving me , as recent as the massive discount on a new iPhone  in a time that all carriers removed the subsidies'. "

0 Kudos

Totally agree, Apparently are perfectly willing to give a...

fgwebber2
Grasshopper

Totally agree,

Apparently are perfectly willing to give a new customer with no billing history a better deal than someone who has never missed a payment for 2 years. I know that I will have same problem with Telus in two years but I have switched before and will do so again until they both figure out that it is easier to retain customers than it is to have to try and get them back every two years. You have to be willing to play the game but when you do you save over $100 a month that is well worth the time to switch back and forth

I have been a loyal customer for literally 40 years. Yet...

Joyce04
Grasshopper

I have been a loyal customer for literally 40 years. Yet when my 2 year contract ended and I didn't want to sign up for another 2 years, because the service was atrocious during the time of my contract...my bill went up more than $50 per month. Clearly it doesn't matter to Shaw whether I remain a customer or not. I tried to speak to the loyalty department and was told that they didn't have the authority to transfer my call. When I asked to speak to anyone above the authority of the representative. She then changed her story to say that there was no loyalty department and that no one had more authority than she had. Shaw has become a pathetic version of it's former business model.

0 Kudos

-- for the longest time i did put up with shaw low grade...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marinerbcfc -- for the longest time i did put up with shaw low grade service on BC sunshine coast,

In what way was it "low-grade" ? On your Internet 600 plan, were you getting 600 Mbps for download speed?

Are you in an area where Shaw has rolled-out 100 Mbps for upload speed, or are you getting something about 25 Mbps ?

> asking to keep my current promotion to the end of my current term and upgrade my internet to Fiber+ gig , got a flat out refusal.

Did you ask Shaw to upgrade your current plan to 750 Mbps or to 1000 Mbps? Are those download speeds available in your region? If not, is that why you got a "refusal" ?

> my current two year will end in Sept./2021

Shaw called me in February 2021, although my two-year Value Plan did not expire until June 2, 2021, and had no problem ending my current contract, without any penalty to me, if I signed-up for a new two-year Value Plan. So, for me, between February and June is the same duration as, for you, as between May and September. So, Shaw might be planning to give you a call sometime during May 2021, to make a similar "early" renewal offer.

0 Kudos

@ mdk Grand Master  " Did you ask Shaw to upgrade your cu...

marinerbcfc
Grasshopper

@ mdk Grand Master 

Did you ask Shaw to upgrade your current plan to 750 Mbps or to 1000 Mbps? Are those download speeds available in your region? If not, is that why you got a "refusal" ?" 

no these services are available in my area, i am happy as a bird with Telus did not realize that huge upload speed with telus made my Nest group of gizmos working like a Sharm.  thanks Shaw for giving me the reason to leave your services, Good luck with Rogers take over though. 

0 Kudos

Shaw agents operate with prescriptive scripts and formula...

rickatk
Master

@marinerbcfc Shaw agents operate with prescriptive scripts and formulas generated by their computers as they interface with customers. The have very little leeway these days and certainly don’t have authorization to offer “loyalty” considerations. The same is true for Telus and Rogers. My Telus mobility plan worked the same way. The best you can expect is a one time credit outside the package being offered for exceptional circumstances. When I dealt with a Telus operator about home TV and internet they had nothing to entice me to move from Shaw. So I remain at Shaw (thirty years) with no expectations for a better rate related to loyalty. I am happy with my new Fibre 1.5GB plan which did come in a little cheaper this time around.

Glad to hear you are hooked up with Telus - good outfit. Hope it all works out for you.

0 Kudos

shaw is blocking more and more services. at first the blo...

charlesTsaliba
Grasshopper

shaw is blocking more and more services. at first the blocked port forwarding, and provided a web link that goes nowhere. there support was no help, not even understanding what port forwarding is. so i had to change my topology to DMZ. long and behold, few days later, they blocked DMZ. since they have full control over my bluecurve box, ther is little i can configure, and they also use the box to provide shat hotspot without my permission. 

last option is to turn bluecurve into a bridge, and get a wifi mesh. if that changes, good bye shaw...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help