Ya, they could check the signal levels of the modem and a...

rstra
Grand Master

Ya, they could check the signal levels of the modem and also see if it is dropping offline. The meter would do the same, but also check for noise, and the signal levels on various analog channels. 

Covid-19 is seriously making it difficult to troubleshoot by not allowing the technician in to the house, only so much that can be done from the outside. The best approach to intermittent problems like this is to change out everything; connectors, jumpers and splitters, right back to the tap.

I've got same problem - bluecurve speed drops to zero or...

unhappycutomer
Grasshopper

I've got same problem - bluecurve speed drops to zero or disconnects from internet.  SHAW SUPPORT is uselesss with instructing on resets etc.   SHAW gigabit ethernet delivers the stunning slowness of 0.25 MBPS - that's right Canada Post is faster!

Shaw support left me hanging on chat last night and closed up at 10pm while they went to "check my account"

There ought to be a class action lawsuit for none delivery of promised internet speed

-- Shaw Support left me hanging on chat last night and cl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@unhappycutomer -- Shaw Support left me hanging on chat last night and closed up at 10pm while they went to "check my account".

That is unfortunate, and unusual.

I have telephoned Shaw Support after 11 PM Pacific, and gotten good help from a Shaw employee at a call-centre in Moncton (New Brunswick). So, they do offer "24/7" service.

> There ought to be a class action lawsuit for none [sic] delivery of promised internet speed

Sorry, but I won't sign-up to be a party to that class-action, because my Hitron cable-modem delivers the 300 Mbps download speed that I am paying for.

0 Kudos

Shaw support chat Chat support is available Monday throug...

unhappycutomer
Grasshopper
Shaw support chat

Chat support is available Monday through Sunday, 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM PDT. To begin a chat, tap the Chat button at the button of the app.

0 Kudos

oh no! I'm very sorry to hear about that experience. We'v...

shaw-tony

@unhappycutomer oh no! I'm very sorry to hear about that experience. We've recently updated our chat hours to support customers 24/7. Checking your account, the signal to your equipment is very out of spec which is likely causing your internet speeds to drop to zero. I'd recommend reseating the coax cable connections from your wall outlet to your modem, ensure the connections are finger-tight, and ensure there are no kinks in the cable. If speeds continue to slow, touch base with technical support for further troubleshooting steps and to schedule a technician visit.

Can you please check our account

Reb5025
Grasshopper

Can you please check our account

0 Kudos

-- please check our account This is a "user-to-user" disc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Reb5025 -- please check our account

This is a "user-to-user" discsussion forum, not an official path to contact Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat is given priority over telephone), and ask the person to remotely logon to your cable-modem, and check your device.

What symptoms are you experiencing?

0 Kudos

I'm going to weigh in on this, as crazy as my response wi...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I'm going to weigh in on this, as crazy as my response will sound...

I, myself... have been dealing with random disconnects with my Shaw BlueCurve modem, periodically during the day and sometimes early evening. I was given the run-around from at least 2 Shaw support technicians over the phone that the issue involves the replacement of the splitter connecting the BlueCurve TV set-top box and the BlueCurve Gateway XB6 modem. I ask myself, why would the splitter need to be replaced, if my Shaw BlueCurve TV service works fine, even when the modem isn't working? I highly doubt it's a splitter issue. For the past 2 days, we've experienced a lot of rain where I live, and I could suggest that water may have possibly entered within outdoor cabling, whether entering into the home or even at the tap from the pole outside. I was about to give up this non-sense of losing my internet connection and just leave it for another day, 'til I decided to call Shaw once again before their internet tech support, via contact centre by phone, closed for the evening. I spoke with internet tech support for the 3rd time now, as she instantly identified a possible problem. She indicated a reason why it may have been disconnecting periodically, was that my Wi-Fi Configuration, within Shaw's online Gateway log-in, did not have a Wi-Fi SSID and Wi-Fi Passkey, even though I mentioned to them that I don't have or use any Wi-Fi connections. Anyways, as soon as I set up the Wi-Fi configuration, the problem went away... for now. Though I experienced only 1 or 2 disconnects today, it was nothing like what I experienced a day ago. As of now, my connection has been very stable, as it always should be, so I can only guess that with ruling out other issues such as modem, splitter, etc... it should stay this way.

0 Kudos

We switched from Mts/ Bell as the internet was lousy and...

asbalf4
Grasshopper

We switched from Mts/ Bell as the internet was lousy and 100 was expensive, and not getting the speed they stated. We switched to Shaw and recieved great stuff with the posted speed of 150 and a remote you talk to. Everything was great. Then we switched to the Blue Curve Modem and since its install has been buggy. Now its hardly working. No internet  no TV, no security. We made an appointment for December 22nd, 2020 and I waited all day and no tech. Called them back and was told no appointment booked on their end. But they can see that it should have been. Anyhow new appointment for December 28th. While waiting their online tech says we are showing that everything is working. But its not. Tv comes and goes. No INTERNET no lan no wifi. Did notice that when the modem came with the wireless TV boxes the modem said refurbished. I asked them to send me a new modem and they said only if it is completely dead or sparking. I know its the modem. We even bought wifi extenders as the range of wifi sucked. Now there is nothing. We can see the connections connected but nothing is working.

0 Kudos

same problem here. Shaw has disabled the ability to chang...

titanstats
Grasshopper

same problem here. Shaw has disabled the ability to change channels on this modem, saying that they are "automatically managed to provide optimum performance." In my building, it looks like Shaw puts every single modem on the same channel for maximum interference and disconnections. There are about 40 modems on my channel, and we can't change it to a different channel! Very annoying, going to have to change to a different modem to fix our disconnection problems. 😞

Very, very, very bad decision by Shaw to lock users out of their own modems, it works as terribly as you would expect.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help