-- you could "bridge" the cable-modem, and connect a thir...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@titanstats -- you could "bridge" the cable-modem, and connect a third-party WiFi-capable router, and configure it to a "good" channel.

0 Kudos

Hello, I have the same issue. Daily randomly disconnectin...

vetalfish
Grasshopper

Hello,

I have the same issue. Daily randomly disconnecting devices and/or freezing. I have 4 people on remote learning at home, daily complaints.

I just moved to Shaw from Bell and never had that issue before.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

-- Any ideas? Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vetalfish -- Any ideas?

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum.  It is not a path to Shaw Support.

However, if you review the previous postings to this thread, you may some useful suggestions.

Or, contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ) and ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view and interpret the various statistics that the cable-modem is collecting, especially "signal-strength". Anything "out-of-spec" can cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.

0 Kudos

-- I just moved to Shaw from Bell and never had that issu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vetalfish -- I just moved to Shaw from Bell and never had that issue before.

Your connection via Bell either used twisted-pair copper lines, or fiber-optic cable into your home, but, in most places, the "last mile" into your home via Shaw uses coaxial-cable. Different product, and different infrastructure up-and-down your street, and different results.

0 Kudos

Holy crap - it’s 2022 and I’m having the same problem eve...

Ivana_c84
Grasshopper

Holy crap - it’s 2022 and I’m having the same problem ever since we set up Shaw at our new home. Had multiple techs out. Modems replaced. My modem loses connectivity now at least 20 times a day. I genuinely don’t know what I am paying for. Shaw’s view is there is nothing wrong. How in god’s name is there nothing wrong. 

0 Kudos

I have my modem disconnecting internet. it started from 6...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

I have my modem disconnecting internet. it started from 6pm today. it work 10 min 20 min , 30 min and disconnects. Then i reboot modem , it comes back after a while. Last 8 hour is becoming nuiseance.

Called shaw CSR twice they checked from their side and reset and said everything ok. But its doing same thing

I am stuck. even if he comes and if it work when he is there and stop working after he leaves...

I want him to change modem ...i have to wait 4 days for internet to be fixed.

Anyone solved intermittent internet?

0 Kudos

-- in another thread that you created, I posted a suggest...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod -- in another thread that you created, I posted a suggestion. 

0 Kudos

Hi, me too. Been with Shaw since 1979. I know what crazy...

activedog
Grasshopper

Hi, me too. Been with Shaw since 1979. I know what crazy masochist. I have been plagued with flapping. After a myriad of phone calls and a parade of “Senior Techs” , my flapping continues. Techs just shrug their shoulders, don’t know what the cause is. They know it’s a major problem they can’t identify. Even after a supervisor escalated my issue and sent their top guy, he said he has the same issue at his own residence. There currently is no fix I was told. They are hoping to get some kind of patch for it he said, but who knows when. My flapping has become intolerable since December 2022. I set up a gmail account to replace my @@Shaw . Never use a provider email such as Rogers or Shaw or Telus, it makes tough move all your contacts etc. Any way very lucky to have Novus in our building so they get the nod. Just can’t believe the service at Shaw. They just don’t care. Cheers Keith 

0 Kudos

There is no patch, because the problem isn’t a software i...

rstra
Grand Master

@activedog  There is no patch, because the problem isn’t a software issue, it is a signal problem. Could be a problem with the drop to your unit, and that can’t be replaced. Moving your email from Shaw is the smart choice, we should never tie our email to our internet provider, and if I had Novus, I would switch too.

Not sure what the root cause of my flapping is. My senior...

activedog
Grasshopper

Not sure what the root cause of my flapping is. My senior tech said I have max signal strength in my condo media box. Yet it still drops. Aaarrg

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help