Looking at your post again I may have gone overboard on y...

rickatk
Master

@JLangley wrote:

Thank you for your input. Could you please elaborate more step by step how to resolve the issue of allowed devices and inputting manually the devices to connect to 2.4ghz.

We had set up two Networks with same ssid but with dash after each separate ssid indicating ssid-2.4 and ssid-5ghz. We had set the networks up prior to receiving the 3 pods for mesh.

After reading about the requirement for pods that they need to use what Shaw calls "band steering", we are disappointed to leave any decisions up to the router pods to make speed selections. We need our laptops and desktops to connect at 5ghz and rest of our devices to connect at 2.4ghz. Shaw says we must use Band Steering. So after plugging in the pods, our computers mentioned above lost the choice of 5ghz and only shows the ssid-2.4ghz as our wifi connection.

Since both ssid's were set up to use with same password, it seems that the pods merged the two ssid networks into one.

You mentioned the allow all vs allow and if you can let us know if you have resolved the ssid issue for both 2.4 and 5ghz by manually putting in devices please give us more step by step if you wouldn't mind. 

Much appreciated.

Looking at your post again I may have gone overboard on your original request. Yes The Gateway is likely operating in dual band mode now and is using both 2.4Ghz and 5.Ghz bands simultaneously and your pods should be connected as well. You are seeing your 2.4Ghz ban in name only because you set it up that way. Try deletIng the 2.4Ghz portion of the SSID and then check all your devices.You will feel better Not seeing the 2.4ghz piece.  Your devices and pods may need to reconnect to the new SSID name you amended. From there your system should be a fully operational MESH network. Be sure to review your Gateway and pod locations.

0 Kudos

Why can't I just use the same thing that you had me use t...

mchappell
Grasshopper

Why can't I just use the same thing that you had me use to connect them to disconnect them?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help