I have exactly the same problem: Outlook 365 won't connec...

TreePeoples
Grasshopper

I have exactly the same problem: Outlook 365 won't connect to Shaw's Exchange servers automatically and Outlook won't let me connect manually except with IMAP which doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos

This doesn't work in Microsoft 365 Outlook - it always fa...

TreePeoples
Grasshopper

This doesn't work in Microsoft 365 Outlook - it always fails and says contact email administrator.  I've tried that and Shaw support has been not helpful at all.

0 Kudos

-- Outlook won't let me connect manually except with IMAP...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TreePeoples -- Outlook won't let me connect manually except with IMAP which doesn't work for me.

Why not?

What error-message do you get?

0 Kudos

Has there been a post with this solution.  I am having th...

scott53
Grasshopper

Has there been a post with this solution.  I am having the exact same problem 

0 Kudos

There is an issue with adding it through Outlook. To get...

pwell
Grasshopper

There is an issue with adding it through Outlook. To get around this do the following:

Close your outlook application
Control panel -> Mail (Microsoft Outlook)
Email Accounts
New - Under Email Tabs
Manual Setup or Additional server types
Exchange Activesync
Fill out personal information
server setting: wm.shaw.ca

0 Kudos

I think there may something else happening here.  Mine wa...

MSilverman
Grasshopper

I think there may something else happening here.  Mine was working fine up until about a week and half ago and now I cannot sync to wm.shaw.ca at all.
When testing the connection it is successful however Outlook receives the following when synchronization is attempted:

File: src\outlook\pstprx\storeas\Utils\AirSyncStatusCodes.h
Line: 226
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
FolderStatus: 403
To re-try press F9...
Error Code: 0x80004005

This happens no matter how the account is configured.  I wonder if this is due to an update for Outlook 365.  I am running Version 2401 (Build 17231.20236 Click-to-Run)

Update: I wonder no more...

Release notes for the Version 2402 February 28 update (Release notes for Current Channel releases - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn).

Last bullet point for Outlook:

• We fixed an issue that caused users to be unable to synchronize email with the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.

Will be updating shortly to see if in fact they did fix it.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael Silverman
0 Kudos

Update 2: The patch did not seem to resolve the issue for...

MSilverman
Grasshopper

Update 2:

The patch did not seem to resolve the issue for me.  I also found others having the same problem:

Latest Outlook 365 (2401) causes Activesync to no longer sync folders - Microsoft Community

Recommendation before V2402 was released was to back rev to an older version.

Outlook Desktop Exchange ActiveSync connections stopped working in Version 2401 - Microsoft Support

Regards,

Michael Silverman
0 Kudos

Update 3: I back rev'd Office 365 to Version 2312 as per...

MSilverman
Grasshopper

Update 3:

I back rev'd Office 365 to Version 2312 as per the Microsoft recommendation prior to Version 2402 and that still did not resolve the issue for me.  The only choice I had left (Well actually I had 2 choices) was to delete and recreate the mail profile.  As a precaution, I exported everything and created a brand new profile.

Voila!  Connection is now succeeding and downloading all the mail.  Once it is all back I will allow the update to move to the latest Version 2402 and hopefully it still works.  The old profile Lasted  5 1/2 Years :).

I'm just happy it is finally working again.

Regards,

Michael Silverman

I had the exact same issues and appreciate your advice as...

radie
Grasshopper

I had the exact same issues and appreciate your advice as Shaw help and Microsoft help weren't very helpful. 

Our Outlook365 mail is back to syncing via exchange. Our mobile phones are syncing mail and calendar with Shaw Webmail.

However, our calendar on our desktop (Outlook365) is still not syncing with the calendar on Shaw Webmail (or our phones). 

We were able to download it when  recreating the mail profile, but the calendar has not synced since.  Anyone have any ideas?

R.Adie

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help