Shaw Email Changed to Exchange ActiveSync to use with Outlook on Mobile Device

EdwardO
Grasshopper

I have an existing Shaw email I want to  have linked to Outlook for mail and calendar items.  The issue is with the default IMAP mailbox not being supported so I can't sync to the Outlook mobile app on my iPhone.  

How can you change a Shaw email from IMAP to Exchange compatible protocol (Exchange ActiveSync in Shaw lingo)?  Shaw outlines steps to do this in Outlook 2016 but the new Microsoft 365 Outlook has completely different option screens I can't get the email changes accepted.  

Labels (1)
18 Replies

as long as you follow the Microsoft 365 prompts and follo...

shaw-tony

@EdwardO as long as you follow the Microsoft 365 prompts and follow the settings below:

Exchange ActiveSync, use these settings:

Email address: Your Shaw email address
Domain: shaw.ca
Username: Your Shaw email address, without @shaw.ca
Password: Your Shaw email password
Exchange server: wm.shaw.ca
Use secure connection (SSL): Yes 
Use client certificate: No

In order to do this I need to delete my existing IMAP acc...

Verle
Grasshopper

In order to do this I need to delete my existing IMAP account.  Can I do this without losing my existing emails?

0 Kudos

This is frustrating... Microsoft says: Manual setup isn't...

TheSalisburys
Grasshopper

This is frustrating...

Microsoft says: Manual setup isn't possible for Exchange server accounts unless you want to use POP or IMAP

This means Exchange must connect automatically, but Outlook 365 does not connect to Shaw using Exchange (only with IMAP or POP) .

My iPhone and iPad connect to Shaw using Exchange, without any problem.

I am having exactly the same issue right now.  I am havin...

thecdnrock
Grasshopper

I am having exactly the same issue right now.  I am having to use webmail and I can't get my Outlook to connect at all.  

0 Kudos

That's it ??

rickw12
Grasshopper

That's it ??

0 Kudos

This worked perfectly. I now have my calendar in Outlook...

rjsween
Grasshopper

This worked perfectly. I now have my calendar in Outlook 2016

0 Kudos

Can you share what you did that worked? I can get my emai...

Boyes1
Grasshopper

Can you share what you did that worked? I can get my email but not calendar. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Has anyone figured this out?  My current shaw email is se...

CorkDork
Grasshopper

Has anyone figured this out?  My current shaw email is set up in Outlook using IMAP settings, thus my calendar does not sync with my phone.  I want to change the setting to Exchange so there will be the ability to share my calendar between my phone and laptop.  There are no instructions on how to do this - only to set up a new account.  I have tried using the settings in one of the responses but Outlook will not accept them.  Do I need to delete the email address and thus lose all my files and folders in the account or is there a way to convert the settings from IMAP to Exchange?

0 Kudos

Hello - did anyone share a reply with you with actual wor...

CorkDork
Grasshopper

Hello - did anyone share a reply with you with actual working instructions?  Please post if so - I am having the same frustrating issue and cannot find a solution.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help