Same here but after initially blocking a perfectly fine l...

BCatBC
Grasshopper

Same here but after initially blocking a perfectly fine link to a hotel website it now sends back this message for all outgoingmail.

Works fine on my phone though using same SMTP server settings

0 Kudos

-- are both your devices configured with EXACTLY the same...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BCatBC -- are both your devices configured with EXACTLY the same ID that appears in the "FROM:" field ?

If not, then Shaw's mail-server has blocked one "sender" ID, but not the other.

You'll need to talk to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) to remove that "block" of your ID.

0 Kudos

Count yourself lucky. I have experienced an issue with se...

Mike12345
Grasshopper

Count yourself lucky. I have experienced an issue with sending emails,which uniformly failed to send, using Thunderbird, starting May 10 this year,with Shaw giving me the lame excuse that they don't accept 3rd party email clients such as Tbird,but then the internet went down on 22 Jul 24 for several hours,and when service was restored,I could suddenly send emails in Tbird again! Talking with their tech people ~ a month or two ago revealed there was a ticket # for this issue from other customers as well, "INC 1509205". Submitted a complaint to BBB without luck,and then to the CCTS,again without luck.   I have recently been having the same problem reported here, AUP#SNDR blocking  AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy SN .  

0 Kudos

wrote AUP#SNDR blocking AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mike12345 wrote AUP#SNDR blocking AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy 

AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy.

SNDR ===> Sender. The E-mail ID value in your "FROM:" field has been flagged by the Rogers mail-server. All outgoing E-mail is being blocked, until you contact Rogers Support, and ask them to "unblock" your ID.

Experiment: change the E-mail ID in the "FROM:" field to some other value, and try to send a "test" message to a friend. Telephone/Text your friend to see if they received your "test" message. This should prove that only your "default" ID is being blocked.

Run a virus-scan on your computer. It may be compromised, and thus may be sending large volumes of "spam" messages.

Also, a scammer/spammer might be composing E-mail injecting YOUR E-mail ID in their "FROM:" field, so that appears that you (not the scammer/spammer) are sending a large volume of messages, even though your computer is NOT compromised.

0 Kudos