Shaw email returning AUP#SNDR trying to forward an email as an attachment to spouse's Shaw email

Brian-Inglis
Grasshopper

Under Windows 10, using Thunderbird email client for years now.

Shaw email is now returning AUP#SNDR blocking me from forwarding email info I regularly receive from BritBox, as an attachment as it contains pictorial content, from my Shaw email account to my spouse's Shaw email account, as I have done countless times over the years. 

Please fix whatever is going wrong in your email filters!

If content is not acceptable, your spam filters should be stopping me from receiving it on my Shaw email account, not stopping me from forwarding it to my spouse's Shaw email account! 

Labels (1)
16 Replies

-- AUP#SNDR blocking  AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy SN...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Brian-Inglis -- AUP#SNDR blocking 

AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy

SNDR ==> The E-mail ID in the "From:" field of messages that you are sending.

BLOCKING ==> Shaw's E-mail filters are keying on that ID.

Experiment: if you use an E-mail client, such as Windows Mail, or Microsoft Outlook, or Thunderbird, temporarily change the value in the "From:" field to your spouse's ID, and forward a message to your spouse's ID. Is the message received by your spouse? Remember to "undo" this change.

If it is received, then I recommend that you contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) and tell them of the results of your experiment, and ask them to remove the "block" against your E-mail ID.

Note that it could be a spammer who is sending thousands of "spam" messages, but who is injecting your E-mail ID into the "From:" field of those messages. Shaw's E-mail filters could be blocking that spammer's attempts to abuse your E-mail ID, but leaving you as "collateral damage".

0 Kudos

I'm fed up with Shaw. I've had the same email address for...

Barry-M
Grasshopper

I'm fed up with Shaw. I've had the same email address for more than 20 years. In the last 2 months i am being informed by my lawyer, my accountant, my financial advisor, and numerous clients (and potential clients) that emails to me are being returned with the error notice AUP#SNDR. In addition, I no longer receive newsletters and subscriptions which I've paid for. Shaw support had me remove all spam filters. This resulted in my "in box" getting filled with email marked "spam" which are truly "spam", but I'm still not getting my legitimate emails. When I do get a legitimate email from a client that gets marked "spam" I am unable to reply to it.

I've been told to make a complaint to the CRTC, which is my next step as I have no idea how much revenue I am losing.

Not necessary as if I just fwd plain text it is sent and...

Brian-Inglis
Grasshopper

Not necessary as if I just fwd plain text it is sent and received. They are blocking legitimate informative emails from being forwarded not received. 

0 Kudos

-- emails to me are being returned with the error notice...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Barry-M -- emails to me are being returned with the error notice AUP#SNDR.

If the messages are being returned to you, they are messages that you, not your clients, are trying to send, but Shaw is blocking your ID in the "From:" field of your messages.

If you use the My Shaw Portal to create an additional E-mail ID, and then try to send E-mail from that ID, do such messages get returned to you?

I am being informed by my lawyer, my accountant, my financial advisor, and numerous clients (and potential clients) that emails to me are being returned 

With exactly the same error-message, or a slightly-different message, something like "recipient has been blocked" ?

If the message is "AUP#SNDR", then Shaw must also be blocking messages that contain the IDs that those people insert into the "From:" field of their messages when they are the "sender" of messages.

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum, not a path to Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos

Please also consider talking to CBC Marketplace and/or ot...

Brian-Inglis
Grasshopper

Please also consider talking to CBC Marketplace and/or other popular media consumer contacts, and/or the City, Business, or Investment Desk(s) of local or national media. 

You may wish to consider perhaps mentioning that Rogers may be overpaying to take over Shaw, given how Shaw is destroying  their value by driving away customers with a poor implementation of the only Internet service it still offers, and maybe Shaw should be giving that part of the business to Rogers as it is becoming of little value if they can not run it competently. 

You could talk to your lawyer about sending a legal notice to Shaw Corporate Customer Relations and Investor Relations, copy Rogers Corporate Customer Relations and Investor Relations, and popular media consumer contacts, informing them of your problems, requesting acceptable solutions, demanding immediate remedial action to avoid destroying your business, copies of records of any email not sent or delivered (that could have impacted or will impact your business), and compensation for business lost by refunding the cost of Internet service for as long as the issues persist. 

0 Kudos

-- (too long; did not read) &  you have two easy alternat...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Brian-Inglis -- (too long; did not read) & @Barry-M you have two easy alternatives:

1. if you already have your own domain-name and web-site, your provider probably offers a mail-server. Route your outgoing E-mail to that mail-server, thus bypassing Shaw's mail-server, and bypassing whatever filtering/blocking that Shaw is doing to your "outgoing" E-mail messages.

2. Switch to Telus Business, if actually doing your business is more important than "fighting" through the courts, for months/years, with Shaw. Paying a cancellation fee of $15 or $20 of month to Shaw is a legitimate business expense.

0 Kudos

Telus may be okay in central Vancouver, maybe Victoria, E...

Brian-Inglis
Grasshopper

Telus may be okay in central Vancouver, maybe Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, but broadband is not available in suburban Calgary, so ADSL still looks like the only option with high cost for poor, slow service, no better than decades ago. 

Maybe look at alternative ISPs that can meet your needs: 

https://www.findinternet.ca/en/calgary-alberta

0 Kudos

-- suburban Calgary Strange, given that Shaw's headquarte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Brian-Inglis -- suburban Calgary

Strange, given that Shaw's headquarters are in Calgary.

Wireless coverage, from: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/network/coverage-map  looks to be good. How "suburban" is your residence?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

I have been forwarding 2 monthly invoices to my wife for...

Jim89
Grasshopper

I have been forwarding 2 monthly invoices to my wife for the last 5 years.  Suddenly I'm getting the "AUP#SNDP" message and the forwarded emails just remain in my outbox.  I need this to be addressed Please.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help