Shaw email

Maureenk
Grasshopper

Since the email system meltdown on April 7, I have not been able open any emails that I received prior to the system failure

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- can you please provide more details: type of computer...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Maureenk -- can you please provide more details:

1. type of computer/device (desktop, notebook, smart-phone);
  2. E-mail program (Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail);
  3. any error-messages, such as "cannot connect";
  4. can you connect to Shaw WebMail on any of your computers/devices;
  5. have you recently restarted your computer (we have just passed the 2nd Tuesday of the month; it is on that day that Microsoft releases security-updates to your computer, and you probably need to restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates);

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I think this problem only affected some mailboxes on a sp...

wobbleu
Grasshopper

I think this problem only affected some mailboxes on a specific server, but the impact was HUGE.  When I first reported the problem the Helpdesk told me it was a problem with my iPhone, AND my PC, but not their system.  An hour later they posted on their site that there was a problem.  A day later they declared it fixed, but I still couldn't get to many Emails.  I think their iMAP servers where hugely backed up, and are still trying to catch up.

My access from Outlook/PC and iPhone is almost back to normal, but I used to be able to see my Shaw calendar events in my iPhone calendar, now they're all gone and there is no synch happening.  When I contact the Shaw Helpdesk I get the same old answer - they don't support 3rd party applications.

It's been really frustrating week in Shaw user land.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help