600Mbps to 900Mbps

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

How do you get 900Mpbs from a 600Mpbs ISP plan?  The modem's Downlink and Uplink channels are locked

IP Address Split with Subnet @ Corbio

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

What you did there i also achieved with my Asus AX11000 and Linksys 1900ACS, that's Bridge simulation where you turn off the same settings to 'Bridge' the modem. However, the IP address is an internal Subnet from the modem and WAN ip Split between both routers. I'd rather have True separate 2 IP but Shaw doesn't allow (XB6 Internet 300).

0 Kudos

Same issue here with the Technicolor modem, getting aroun...

langley834721
Grasshopper

Same issue here with the Technicolor modem, getting around 650 on gigabit plan....they sent me a refurbished Technicolor modem.

It worked initially at ~950 but then immediately back to 650....bridge mode.

No difference if directly connected to modem or via ASUS RT-AC86U...

i think I’ll try your fix or better ask them to send the Ariss modem??

0 Kudos

I am working with a senior Shaw tech on the same issue. M...

rickatk
Master

@langley834721 wrote:

Same issue here with the Technicolor modem, getting around 650 on gigabit plan....they sent me a refurbished Technicolor modem.

It worked initially at ~950 but then immediately back to 650....bridge mode.

No difference if directly connected to modem or via ASUS RT-AC86U...

i think I’ll try your fix or better ask them to send the Ariss modem??

I am working with a senior Shaw tech on the same issue. My initial observations, I have found overall the internet connection to be faster. Web pages reload faster than the 600Mbps plan that I had. That plan reported 630Mbps consistently.  On this new Gig  connection my internet browsing feel faster. My Smart TV in another room reports 160Mbps over wifi which is pretty good for that setup. Speed tests reveal, on a good day, with no-one on the network, 750Mbps on the Gig plan. This is on my iMac in another room from the Gateway and over wifi. In short the upgrade while not showing consistent individual device speeds in the 900's I do get speeds in the 750 over wifi - sometimes.

Are your reported speeds on the refurbished Technicolor over ethernet or over Wifi? 

I am thinking about swapping modems too but I am hearing...

rickatk
Master

I am thinking about swapping modems too but I am hearing mixed reports on that strategy. Certainly my Technicolour modem has performed very well on the 600 Mbps plan. All be speed tests have been between 600Mbps and 750 Mbps over wifi. Others are reporting faster speeds over ethernet.

0 Kudos

Here is what I did. Followed Corbio solution and turned...

langley834721
Grasshopper

Here is what I did. 
Followed Corbio solution and turned off bridge mode on modem, did all the other settings as well and rebooted modem in GUI.
Immediately fast speeds above 900. Great. Only ASUS Router showing on main page on top where the DDNS name is displayed: Invalid IP address (symbol with exclamation mark)....

Well, I switched bridge mode back on, router on/off and the fast speeds retained. All speed tests via Ethernet connection to ASUS RT-AC86U router.

Ping: 8ms, DL: 933Mbps, UL: 27Mbps 

I used Shaw Speedtest, Fast, Ookla with pretty much the same result.

Go figure....

0 Kudos

Just checked this morning, those speeds are via Ethernet...

langley834721
Grasshopper

Just checked this morning, those speeds are via Ethernet and my Asus RT-AC86U router with tons of stull (~30 clients) connected.
Not 1 Gig but its fine for now in my case.

Annotation 2020-06-08 095211.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-08 092436.jpg

0 Kudos

It's in the fine print

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

Langley834721

9) Connection speeds may vary based on modem equipment, client device capability, building wiring, internet traffic and environmental conditions. "Up to" speeds are based on optimal conditions.

Maximum download speed for a single hardwired device connection is 940 Mbps. Additional wired or wireless device connections are required to reach maximum download speeds of up to 1Gbps (i.e. 2 x devices concurrently running at 500 Mbps each). " 

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans#fibre-max  in the fine print.

Shaw's server is more advance in this sense

Yo_Sup. Of course my reply in this...

langley834721
Grasshopper

Yo_Sup. 
Of course my reply in this thread goes back to the initial posting:
"My previous XB6 “Technicolor” was stuck around 600mbps download after upgrade to Gigabit plan for several days; multiple check on modem provisions, RF signal looks good, Cat6 Ethernet, Gigabit Network Card, tested both router/bridged, direct/wifi, the tech gave up and issued replacement of XB6."

I basically had the same issue for a couple days, never got to 700, usually around 630....only after one Technicolour modem swap (didn't do anything) the "Corbio" solution leaving bridge mode and applying various setting changes, and then turning bridge mode back on in my case worked for me...
Just checked and not sure if FAST is even correct, now it seems too fast?!
When I repeat the test it varies between 800 and 930Mbps....
To be truthful, those speeds are a total overkill, 300Mbps would be plenty 🙂
Clipboard03.jpg

0 Kudos

>  Not 1 Gig but its fine for now in my case. It depends...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  Not 1 Gig but its fine for now in my case.

It depends on whether you count in multiples of 2, or in multiples of 10.  🙂

Math: 1000000000/1024/1024/1024 ==> 0.931

Same thing when purchasing a 1TB disk-drive. Windows reports it as 930 Gbytes.

Marketing, marketing, marketing.

0 Kudos