Jump to solution

Shaw mail

needtoknow
Grasshopper

Why do I get the following message.....over and over just about every time I access my mail. Only happens with my desk top but never with my Ipad.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Shaw xxxxx account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server Response: +OK message follows
Server: 'pop.shaw.ca'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- note that Windows Live Mail was part of a package of f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@needtoknow -- note that Windows Live Mail was part of a package of free software from Microsoft, and is not the same as Windows Mail that is included in Windows 10. W.L.M. is no longer supported by Microsoft, and one cannot download it from Microsoft's servers.  One must find some other source, e.g., MajorGeeks.com, to download an archived copy.

Extending the "time" should mean that you will less-often need to click "Wait".

> There are times it sends a notice that my Server is not connected to the Internet, if I can access other things, such as News is it not all the same Internet????

Yes, it is. Maybe, you have some other problem with your Shaw connection, such as intermittent, brief, outages. If that is the case, please contact Shaw Support, and get them to trouble-shoot.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thank yo so much for your help....I will contact Shaw and...

needtoknow
Grasshopper

Thank yo so much for your help....I will contact Shaw and ask them to check my connections. I do appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

-- Possible causes for this include server problems, netw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@needtoknow -- Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Given that your network connection is "stable", which presumably it is, there should be no problems in maintaining a connection with Shaw's mail-server.

Within the Windows Live Mail configuration, can you set the "time-out" interval? Try to lengthen the interval, to wait longer, in case that the mail-server is taking a long time to respond.

Have you set W.L.M. to "check every NN minutes for new messages"? Try a smaller value, to keep the connection "active".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for your help....I am not sure where to go to d...

needtoknow
Grasshopper

Thank you for your help....I am not sure where to go to do what your are telling me...how do I access the Windows Mail Configuration. However, I want you to know that when I try access my mail and the Live Mail Message comes up it gives me the opportunity to check Wait, which I do every time it pops up, so I am not sure if changing the configuration to a longer period will help being that I click Wait. There are times it sends a notice that my Server is not connected to the Internet, if I can access other things, such as News is it not all the same Internet????

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- note that Windows Live Mail was part of a package of f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@needtoknow -- note that Windows Live Mail was part of a package of free software from Microsoft, and is not the same as Windows Mail that is included in Windows 10. W.L.M. is no longer supported by Microsoft, and one cannot download it from Microsoft's servers.  One must find some other source, e.g., MajorGeeks.com, to download an archived copy.

Extending the "time" should mean that you will less-often need to click "Wait".

> There are times it sends a notice that my Server is not connected to the Internet, if I can access other things, such as News is it not all the same Internet????

Yes, it is. Maybe, you have some other problem with your Shaw connection, such as intermittent, brief, outages. If that is the case, please contact Shaw Support, and get them to trouble-shoot.

Jump to solution

Thank yo so much for your help....I will contact Shaw and...

needtoknow
Grasshopper

Thank yo so much for your help....I will contact Shaw and ask them to check my connections. I do appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help