shaw marking email as junk

wynford
Grasshopper

Shaw keeps marking some of my email, from a large reputable company, as junk and moving them to my junk folder. Is there a way to unmark them as junk and have them go straight to my inbox instead of my junk?

Labels (1)
9 Replies

You can login to webmail.shaw.ca, highlight the message i...

rstra
Grand Master

You can login to webmail.shaw.ca, highlight the message in your junk folder and select “not spam.” Hopefully the email  filters learn that these messages are not spam. 

0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll try that next time, even though, I think I t...

wynford
Grasshopper

Thanks, I'll try that next time, even though, I think I tried that once before, but didn't work

0 Kudos

I have done that over and over with messages from one (le...

robinjh
Grasshopper

I have done that over and over with messages from one (legitimate) sender and it hasn't learned - still goes to junk.

-- does that "reputable" company always send from the sam...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@robinjh -- does that "reputable" company always send from the same E-mail ID?

Have you added that ID as a "Contact" within Shaw WebMail?

Shaw's filtering checks the content of each message. Some of the messages from the Canadian Olympic Committee go to my Inbox, and some of them go into my Junk folder. Same for some messages from Staples.

0 Kudos

Yes and yes.  It's a mortgage broker so possible that it'...

robinjh
Grasshopper

Yes and yes. 

It's a mortgage broker so possible that it's the content, but I would have thought that creating a contact to indicate it's legit would prevent it from being marked as junk.

Same for me, I tried several times marking as not spam, a...

rstra
Grand Master

@robinjh Same for me, I tried several times marking as not spam, and it never worked. I don’t like the idea of blaming the content, if I say it is not spam, it is not spam. Anyhow, I am in the process of migrating to my gmail account.

Indeed, I get this ALL the time too. It's completely anno...

Awjanert
Grasshopper

Indeed, I get this ALL the time too. It's completely annoying. SHAW has been told about this for years and has done nothing about it. Not to mention that 1 GB storage limit on the email accounts!!  

Me too.  I'm missing key messages from an art show I'm do...

smcyyc
Grasshopper

Me too.  I'm missing key messages from an art show I'm doing this weekend.  The contacts domain is marked as a safe sender in preferences.  So have the individual email addresses, and the email addresses have been added as contacts.  This nearly cost me a lot of money this week.  Very frustrating.  They're getting stuck in webmail Junk, not even making it to my Outlook inbox.  And replying to them has been a total nightmare too - getting undeliverable  messages on about 50% of them.

0 Kudos

wrote: replying to them has been a total nightmare too -...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@smcyyc wrote: replying to them has been a total nightmare too - getting undeliverable messages on about 50% of them.

Blame the sender of the message, either for deliberately sending E-mail

using     "From: Some Place <no-reply@some.place>"

and not having a "no-reply" account within their system, or,

accidentally mis-configuring their E-mail system, to cause the "undeliverable" message.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help