wrote: I paid for a full month on August 1st Shaw/Rogers...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Herbrick48 wrote: I paid for a full month on August 1st

Shaw/Rogers invoiced you on July 1, with payment due by August 1 -- you had 30 days to pay for the services you received starting on July 1.

then another full month on August 14th.

Shaw/Rogers invoiced you on August 1, for services you receive that started on August 1.  Shaw's new policy gives each customer 21 days after the invoice to pay.

However, the pre-authorized auto-debit from your account made on August 14, which is their new policy for all invoices issued after July 15 --namely 14 days after the invoice.

So, on August 14, you paid for services received between August 1 and August 14.  Your payment includes services you will receive for August 15 to August 31

So eight weeks of service paid in a two week span.

Correct. You paid at the end of July, for services received during July. You paid in the middle of August, for services between August 1 and August 31.

Yes, Shaw's new policy changed from 30-days-to-pay to 21-days-to-pay (through the My Shaw Portal, or through your bank/credit-union or create an auto-bill-payment).  Shaw's new policy also processes pre-authorized debits on the 14th day after the invoice is issued, instead of on the 30th day after the invoice is issued.

You have not paid "extra" -- you have just paid "earlier". 

Your invoice for services for all the days in September will be auto-debited on September 14.  If you cancel the auto-debit authorization, you have to "manually" pay by September 21. That is Shaw's new policy.

Yes, it is a money-grab for them to get your payments earlier.

P.S. Your credit-card invoice must be paid within 21 days. Now, your Shaw invoice must be paid within 21 days.

It’s not “like making an extra payment”.  It is making an...

Scout15
Grasshopper

It’s not “like making an extra payment”.  It is making an extra payment.  They took $205.79 from my credit card on August 6 and the same amount on August 19.  Couldn’t even wait the 14 days.  I cancelled the auto pay by CC and will be canceling Shaw Cable 13 days before my contract is up.  I do wonder why we are letting them rip us off.  **bleep**ty TV, worse internet and now a scheme to get extra money for what is basically horrible service.

According to My Shaw my next payment is due August 27th....

Scout15
Grasshopper

According to My Shaw my next payment is due August 27th.  So what day will that be due?  Two weeks? Three?  
No longer trust these guys at all.  Sooner I get out of this the better!

0 Kudos

wrote They took $205.79 from my credit card on August 6 a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Scout15 wrote They took $205.79 from my credit card on August 6 and the same amount on August 19. Couldn’t even wait the 14 days. 

Shaw invoiced you on July 6 -- before their new policy about payments took effect on July 15 -- for services from July 6 to August 5. Thus, you had 30 days to pay, or for Shaw to use auto-debit on the 30th day.

Shaw invoiced you on August 6, after the new invoicing policy took effect on July 15. Under the new policy, the authorized auto-debit is made 14 days later, namely August 19. 

my next payment is due August 27th

That is 21 days after the invoice on August 6. But, since auto-debit is active, your bank account was debited on August 19, meaning that you do not need to "manually" pay anything on the 27th.

Logon to the My Shaw Portal, click "Bills", and scroll-down to "Transactions", and view all transactions since August 1 to today, to see the dates of your auto-debit payments.

0 Kudos

Got my Shaw bill this morning... what I don't understand...

wynford
Grasshopper

Got my Shaw bill this morning... what I don't understand is why withdrawal is the 6th, but due date is the 14th

Screenshot 2024-08-25 053236.jpg

0 Kudos

, because as it was explained earlier, autopayments come...

g-idk
Master

@wynford , because as it was explained earlier, autopayments come out of your account 14 days after invoice issued from now on, not the payment due date.  The payment due date for manual payments would be 21 days after invoice.  So if you on autopayment then you will have your money deducted on the 6th to pay for that invoice, but if you pay manually then your bill will be due in Rogers/Shaw hands by Sept.14.  Hope this clarifies your query.  

Maybe it's just me, but I think, if that's the case, it s...

wynford
Grasshopper

@g-idk wrote:

@wynford , because as it was explained earlier, autopayments come out of your account 14 days after invoice issued from now on, not the payment due date.  The payment due date for manual payments would be 21 days after invoice.  So if you on autopayment then you will have your money deducted on the 6th to pay for that invoice, but if you pay manually then your bill will be due in Rogers/Shaw hands by Sept.14.  Hope this clarifies your query.  

Maybe it's just me, but I think, if that's the case, it should say Manual Payment due date

, maybe yes in a perfect world, lol.  Bur alas we live he...

g-idk
Master

@wynford , maybe yes in a perfect world, lol.  Bur alas we live here.  I guess they feel they have explained it enough and that we should all now understand the changes.  Boy are they wrong on that point.  What fun this has been.  

0 Kudos

haha... I bet it has been a lot of fun

wynford
Grasshopper

haha... I bet it has been a lot of fun

😂😂🤣

My billing is exactly the same as yours. When we talked a...

no2
Grasshopper

My billing is exactly the same as yours. When we talked about manual payments, he told me in the end it will work out the same. I will still be billed on how they are going forward. Only difference is they can't take it unless I pay. If I denied payment....well you know what that means 

0 Kudos