Shaw sent Notice that taking 2 payments in one Month (July)

gordjandurocher
Grasshopper

Shaw sent Notice that they are taking 2 payments in one Month (2 weeks apart in July) for our Internet Service just to re-align their monthly billing dates they say. This is totally illegal. We cannot afford 2 payments on a one payment per month plan. Called to complain - lady said she is getting non-stop calls regarding - had to talk to her Supervisor - was on hold for an hour then she took my number and said when a Supervisor responded she would call me - that was a week ago. 

Labels (1)
46 Replies

Hi  , are you on the auto pay system that everyone seems...

g-idk
Master

Hi @gordjandurocher , are you on the auto pay system that everyone seems to be upset about?  If the answer is yes maybe you should consider cancelling that auto pay and you manually paying the bill on the date that it's actually supposed to be due, I totally understand how this is upsetting many many people, me personally you could not pay me to ever go auto pay to some big company, it's a disaster only waiting to happen , you give them control.  Hope things get worked out for you.  

0 Kudos

Thank you sooooo much for the reply - brilliant except wo...

gordjandurocher
Grasshopper

Thank you sooooo much for the reply - brilliant except won't they just keep billing me the extra payment - this is what I asked the Rep and she never got back to me. 

0 Kudos

, If you cancel the auto pay it should have no effect on...

g-idk
Master

@gordjandurocher , If you cancel the auto pay it should have no effect on the actual day that your payment is due according to your monthly statement, at least in my brain.  I for example am not on the auto pay system and I have not received any such emails or letters or any notice whatso ever about any changes to my actual due date, I just checked myshaw and it confirmed my bill is still due every month on the 14th as it has always been.  I just pay my bill a few days up to a week before the due date and everything is fine.  Yes the onus is now on me to pay my bill every month on time, but I much prefer that control over my money.  Sorry for the ramble but I don't like autopay, lol.  Maybe double check with Rogers/Shaw but I think you would be okay with turning off autopay.  Can anyone else on here confirm this maybe?   

You cannot know how great this information is - makes tot...

gordjandurocher
Grasshopper

You cannot know how great this information is - makes total sense then if you have received no notices. We have now cancelled it (which I did not know we could do - thought we had to get them to stop on their end) and have set it up like our other bills - like you say you do. Bless you!!!!  Thank you so much for reaching out!!!!

0 Kudos

Is correct, shut down auto payment and you are good to go...

rstra
Grand Master

@gordjandurocher  @g-idk  Is correct, shut down auto payment and you are good to go. The only people that this really affects are Roger mobile customers who’s price plan requires them to be on auto pay. 

0 Kudos

, thanks for confirming!  , your more than welcome.

g-idk
Master

@rstra , thanks for confirming! @gordjandurocher , your more than welcome.

0 Kudos

On the first page of myshaw.ca... at the top it says......

wynford
Grasshopper

On the first page of myshaw.ca... at the top it says... 

Effective July 15th, the required payment date will be 21 days after the invoice date and automatic payments will be 14 days after the invoice date. Late payment charges will accrue daily. For additional information, please visit our billing FAQ or automatic payments page on Shaw.ca, or our Terms of Service. If you have any questions or need an updated contract, feel free to contact us.

0 Kudos

wrote: Shaw sent Notice that they are taking 2 payments i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordjandurocher wrote: Shaw sent Notice that they are taking 2 payments in one Month

You have misread that notice.

Instead of taking the payment on your usual date, they will take the same payment a few weeks earlier.

Also, see another thread in this forum:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-discussions/why-is-shawgers-changing-the-automatic-billin...

OK?

0 Kudos

wrote: I just pay my bill a few days up to a week before...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk wrote: I just pay my bill a few days up to a week before the due date and everything is fine. 

Through online banking, it is possible to you to schedule a monthly payment a few days before the due date. So, you control when your money is sent to Shaw/Rogers.  Plus, you don't have to "manually" make the payment -- the bank's computers will make the payment.

Just do not die, because your bank will continue to pay Shaw/Rogers, every month, forever.  🙂

0 Kudos