Shaw Webmail broken???

ecla
Grasshopper

Hello the login to webmail seems broken for a while now, either a page that loads forever or a red "can not communicate with login server" message appears in the login page.

Sometimes it connects after minutes of refreshing and waiting, but mostly there are the various error screens.

Am I the only one experiencing this?  Does anyone know of a fix or issue that I can perhaps fix?

Running:  Windows 11, browsers are either Chrome or Edge.  Clearing cache/cookies doesn't do anything.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

I get the message - HTTP ERROR 400 Problem accessing /ser...

LeadingEd
Grasshopper

I get the message -

HTTP ERROR 400

Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

account is not active:xxx@shaw.ca   ---- this has happened a number of times and is getting annoying.

0 Kudos

yes, same thing for me for weeks now. At this point I can...

Ebes
Grasshopper

yes, same thing for me for weeks now. At this point I can't get in at all via browser or my mobile app. Between this, the quote warning and the low speeds, I finally thinking of switching. 

I have had this same issue and now cannot seem to access...

gracie06
Grasshopper

I have had this same issue and now cannot seem to access my email at all. Not sure what is up with shaw????

Updating this:   I switched from Chrome to Edge and that...

ecla
Grasshopper

Updating this:

I switched from Chrome to Edge and that helped a bit.  Once the logins start to fail, then if I do following:

Three dots ---> Settings --> Privacy, Search and Services --> Clear browsing data now ---> click the blue confirmation "Clear now" in the pop up

the login page will load quickly and the login to webmail will work.  It does crap out quickly though so I stay logged in as long as I can which is not ideal.  So far repeating the process has worked but I am in the process of switching addresses away from shaw as I can't afford to have a situation where I can't reliably get at my inbox.

Any customer support insights on this??

-- I have no problems using Microsoft Edge (version 104.s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ecla -- I have no problems using Microsoft Edge (version 105.0.some.numbers) to access Shaw WebMail.

Yes, after many hours within WebMail, I do get a message "save your work. you will be logged-out in N minutes", where "N" is less than 10.  Does that count as a "crop-out" ?

0 Kudos

Same story here, "Unable to communicate with Login server...

dframe
Grasshopper

Same story here, "Unable to communicate with Login server" but clearing history, cache, cookies does not work on any browser now. The only way to access my email is through my cell phone. Really frustrated here.......

0 Kudos

-- clearing history, cache, cookies does not work on any...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dframe -- clearing history, cache, cookies does not work on any browser now.

The problem is not "local" to your computer. So, anything you do on your computer is ineffective.

The only way to access my email is through my cell phone.

I have recently seen the "unable to communicate with login server" message. For me, leaving the window open, and trying again an hour later, successfully connects.

So, it's a problem within Shaw's E-mail infrastructure.  It could be that Shaw's "login server" is overloaded -- to busy to respond to 100% of the requests for authentication.

0 Kudos

Some users have suggested using the incognito mode on you...

rstra
Grand Master

@dframe  Some users have suggested using the incognito mode on your browser works.

0 Kudos

I have this same issue, "cannot communicate with server"...

Hunt2
Grasshopper

I have this same issue, "cannot communicate with server" for weeks now, and called shaw to ask them to fix it, but they just tried many different things with no fix, so I asked for them to send a technician out to my house, and they refused.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help