Shaw Webmail - Not Labeling Spam?

prjlnw
Grasshopper

Since mid-July Shaw webmail hasn't labeled any junk/spam mail as suspected spam. It used to be pretty good at catching most junk, but now it isn't even flagging the most flagrant abusers.

Is it possible to accidently turn the webmail filter off? Have I missed an update? Did Shaw stop the filter? Have the spammers gotten so good they can't be stopped? I keep reporting the Spam, but the filters never seem to learn, because it just keeps coming through.

The good news is that my incoming mail filters work fine, but I don't see the point of setting up a filter for every throw away account used by a spammer.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- in my "Junk" folder within Shaw WebMail, I see: So, e...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@prjlnw -- in my "Junk" folder within Shaw WebMail, I see:

Capture.JPG

So, even though the messages do not have the "spam suspected" prefix, they are in the "Junk" folder. Are the Shaw filters doing this?

Now that Shaw has out-sourced E-mail filtering, could that company be "dropping" the spam messages before they reach your Inbox?

0 Kudos

Not in my case. Nothing is moved to the junk folder; ever...

prjlnw
Grasshopper

Not in my case. Nothing is moved to the junk folder; everything goes to the inbox. I set preferences to move suspected spam to the junk folder. I wouldn't mind if they were just dropping the label, but the filters don't seem to be filtering.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help