Shaw Webmail Server Returns Error Message - Certificate Expired

prjlnw
Grasshopper

This morning I received this error message when I tried to connect to the Shaw webmail server. My computer date and clock are correctly set. Similar message from FireFox, Chrome and Edge

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to webmail.shaw.ca. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.
It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Does anyone on the Forum know how to notify the website administrator? I couldn't find a way on the MyShaw website

Labels (1)
4 Replies

You would need to call or chat in to Shaw. No issues here...

rstra
Grand Master

@prjlnw  You would need to call or chat in to Shaw. No issues here on my devices. 

0 Kudos

Thanks -I had the same message this morning too from both...

Smitty4
Grasshopper

Thanks -I had the same message this morning too from both Chrome and Edge.

0 Kudos

/  -- I get the same error-message, but only on my very-o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Smitty4 / @prjlnw -- I get the same error-message, but only on my very-old iPad mini.

For that device, it does not download the current "security certificates" for many sites, which triggers the message.

However, there is nothing wrong with the current certificate for the host "mail.shaw.ca":

Capture.JPG

So, the certificate still is valid for the next 3 months in 2023.

What computer do you have? (Apple? Windows? Some variant of Linux?)

What level of Operating System? Is your O.S. up-to-date?

0 Kudos

/   -- the Security Certificate for "my.shaw.ca" is still...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@prjlnw / @Smitty4  -- the Security Certificate for "my.shaw.ca" is still valid:

Capture.JPG

also is valid, for a few more months.

>>> or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

Or, the wrong time-zone, or the wrong AM/PM setting, making it wrong by 12 hours.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help