our engineers have reviewed the historical and current da...

shaw-tony

@s2celerity our engineers have reviewed the historical and current data error count to Twitch and it has always been clean routing from Calgary. They did make a small tweak and is currently running several tests to ensure there are no issues with packet loss to the servers. It may take some time for the results to come back.

0 Kudos

Okay cause I still have the same problem with more than j...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

Okay cause I still have the same problem with more than just twitch, it’s with any stream server, I’ve tried mixer and restream as well, I always get quality 0 and only 3-5k bitrate at the most which only equates to 5mbps upload, 

why would this be happening? Even on twitch I used to get above 10k+ everyday at some parts of the day

there is obviously something on the line messing around with it 

I can tell that something is being limited in upload spee...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

I can tell that something is being limited in upload speeds, just by doing tests being my home and at the airport I work at, Shaw’s upload speeds are always 1/4 what it’s supposed to be to stream servers, such as twitch or restream, but as soon as I test out TELUS network I get 100% of the upload carried across to the stream server 

I’m honestly at the point where, I’d gladly just pay for...

s2celerity
Grasshopper

I’m honestly at the point where, I’d gladly just pay for Shaw open on the lowest plan you got and then get a TELUS internet package, this is complete nonsense 

I am also a twitch streamer. I had 300/15 for three years...

online409
Grasshopper

I am also a twitch streamer.

I had 300/15 for three years without losing a single frame. Always max quality and great speed.

I renewed my contract on a 2 year plan and told the lady on the phone i was a streamer and now I'm having the same issues as you.

They totally nerfed my connection to save bandwidth.

Shaw should be ashamed of themselves.

Let me know if you got a fix for your issue.

that is certainly odd as changed in your plan shouldn't a...

shaw-tony

@online409 that is certainly odd as changed in your plan shouldn't affect the quality of the Internet. It may poor signal or noise in your area that is causing slower speeds. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

Hey Online, I'm having the same issues as you. I used to...

cbohdan
Grasshopper

Hey Online, I'm having the same issues as you. I used to get a solid connection with my 600/20, now im dropping 10% frames consistently and can't produce a decent stream. Very frustrating. Any luck with your issue at all?

0 Kudos

Shaws hardware is completely horrendous, i'll tell you ri...

x0swifty0x
Grasshopper

Shaws hardware is completely horrendous, i'll tell you right now why you're having so much trouble is because there is so much bufferbloat on shaw's hardware that it will prevent you from streaming,
I see you have the nighthawk, there are guides on how to control bufferbloat focus on that and test it out.
If you want to be able to stream you have to purchase a router that has bufferbloat control like the IQrouter or QoS features that aren't severely limited by shaw's hardware it is literally the only way you will ever be able to stream with Shaw
I know this because this is the route I had to take and it solved my issue.

If you need proof of the bufferbloat just go to DSLreports and run a speed test through there, their hardware constantly pings high on bufferbloat.

Would this also apply to watching either live-stream vide...

StevenVillman79
Grasshopper

Would this also apply to watching either live-stream videos live or archived live-stream videos, especially when it is on Twitch??? I'm having this problem with archived live-stream videos on Twitch; the archived live-stream videos on there get pixelated there whenever a fast-moving video image is playing there (motion blur) on 1080p60fps. This doesn't seem to happen on YouTube whenever I watch a live-stream video or a pre-recorded video at 1080p60fps (or lower).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help