our engineer has confirmed that they are working with Goo...

shaw-tony

@talios @Durandal @mattywaggleburn @CapnCrunch our engineer has confirmed that they are working with Google to resolve this matter. Google themselves are making changes to improve the connections. Our routes once revered from the previous incident reports a solid connection to everything else. I again apologize for the ongoing frustrations, we are working on getting this fixed asap!

0 Kudos

> The 8th always times out but the 9th hop on the phone g...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The 8th always times out but the 9th hop on the phone goes to 209.85.254.170

Some Internet routers are configured to NOT respond to the "traceroute" IP-packets, under the umbrella of "blocking network-mapping requests coming from hackers".

>  And finishes after the 12 hop while my computer routes to this on the 9th and never ever completes the trace route.

> Seems super odd.

Two completely-different implementations of "traceroute" (Microsoft Windows versus Apple OS) have produced different results. Note that NASA's "Apollo 11" spaceship used 4 computers -- 3 programmed identically, with "voting" software to confirm that their answers agreed, plus one computer, with totally-different program-code, to minimize the "risk" of wrong navigation commands.

0 Kudos

It was more of the 9th hop the iOS devices got to one ip...

Durandal
Grasshopper

It was more of the 9th hop the iOS devices got to one ip and every other device went to another one. That is odd as it’s from Mac OS X, windows 10, a Linux dist and what ever backend is on the Shaw modem. 

That isn’t odd to you?

0 Kudos

Tonight so far so good as I am getting excellent on my ch...

Durandal
Grasshopper

Tonight so far so good as I am getting excellent on my chromecast this evening!!

Will continue to monitor!

Well I saw my first " excellent " connection status in a...

CapnCrunch
Grasshopper

Well I saw my first " excellent " connection status in a long time today!

It played well for the limited time I was able to get on. 

However I did have an unstable connection when loading into a game. I backed out and reloaded and it was back to normal. Maybe I connected to a server that shaw/google didn't fix the routing to? 

Fingers crossed it's all fixed and we can put this all behind us. 

our engineers have reported back that Google has made som...

shaw-tony

@CapnCrunch @talios @Durandal @mattywaggleburn our engineers have reported back that Google has made some changes yesterday and see improvements in the connections to Stadia. Is everything stable at this time? Feel free to post traceroutes for us to review.

0 Kudos

I will post trace routes when I get home.   But my play s...

Durandal
Grasshopper

I will post trace routes when I get home. 
 But my play session before work was once again flawless. 

Even renewed my Stadia pro this morning now that we are back to normal!!

hi  , It's looking pretty stable at this point. I just wa...

mattywaggleburn
Grasshopper

hi @shaw-tony ,

It's looking pretty stable at this point. I just wanted to thank you for your help and give you a huge shout out for the assistance with the resolution of this. As far as i'm concerned Technical support could take a learning from your interaction with the community in regards to this and your approach to finding a resolution.

To Summarize,

Technical Support:
-No announcment of landslide issues
-Suggested i purchase a third party VPN to fix this issue (not even kidding with this one)
-Told me the landslide issues are still present and the fix to the fibre line was not complete even though the fix was complete?
-Said no one else had reported this
-Told me no ETA on when the fix would be complete, even though the fibre line was repaired. Still waiting for a call back from this person with an ETA on the landslide repairs when one is available. 2 weeks now. Apparently this was escalated... but the cancellations teams notified me no escalation existed for it?

@shaw-tony :
-Acknowledges the issue
-Notifies Engineers
-Continues to act as a proxy between community and issue resolution
-Issue resolution

Technical Support - Makes me want to switch providers.
@shaw-tony  - Gives me confidence that my ISP can provide good service.

I'm waiting for a call back from the Leadership team in Victoria. I missed their call on Saturday. But rest assured, I'll be discussing the differences above with them. @shaw-tony should be getting paid more.

So overall the internet has been good.    I do still howe...

CapnCrunch
Grasshopper

So overall the internet has been good. 

I do still however have a few moments where the connection drops down to unstable. Will correct after a few minutes. 

responding to a very old thread. I am located in Okotoks...

Schwaby
Grasshopper

responding to a very old thread. I am located in Okotoks (Calgary area) and experiencing the same problem with Stadia.

Pings to their servers (see list below) are 75-80ms and stop the game from playing in full quality (it says internet is unstable).

Pings to the same servers from other ISP's in the same geographic area are 30-40ms.  Anyone else in Calgary area having the same problem?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help