technical support from Belize?

finnibone
Grasshopper

I can't believe Shaw farmed out their tech support to Belize. The one thing they were reasonably go at (when they had tech support on Vancouver Island) and they moved it to some third world call center with totally incompetent people. If the problem cannot be solved by unplugging your modem then they are stumped. Please bring tech support back to Canada complete with the competent people you used to employ.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

No. no, no. Shaw support is in Canada. That's what they'a...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

No. no, no. Shaw support is in Canada. That's what they'are told to say, The employee you were speaking to slipped up and actually spoke the truth 😉

0 Kudos

I'm absolutely furious about this. I'm planning on cancel...

Diana8
Grasshopper

I'm absolutely furious about this. I'm planning on cancelling everything to do with Shaw when my contract is up. I spoke to a person tonight and she was in Belize. Lovely service but she had no idea what she was doing! Only hire Canadians! I'm sorry Belize!

0 Kudos

-- I'm planning on cancelling everything to do with Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Diana8 -- I'm planning on cancelling everything to do with Shaw ...

If you switch to TELUS, you will be talking to their Call Centre in the Philippines, instead of Shaw's Call Centre in Belize. Name your poison. 🙂

You will have to find a "reseller" -- a company that buys "bulk" Internet from Shaw/Telus/Rogers/Bell, and rebrands it. Then, you might actually talk to that company's Canadian-resident support department.

0 Kudos

Hi @mdk I've already cancelled Telus 12 years ago. I abso...

Diana8
Grasshopper

Hi @mdk I've already cancelled Telus 12 years ago. I absolutely loved Shaw. Companies think that they'll save money when they actually create more problems: people are on the dole, they lose their jobs etc, etc!

0 Kudos

Seems to be happening everywhere. Telus relies on people...

rickatk
Master

@finnibone wrote:

I can't believe Shaw farmed out their tech support to Belize. The one thing they were reasonably go at (when they had tech support on Vancouver Island) and they moved it to some third world call center with totally incompetent people. If the problem cannot be solved by unplugging your modem then they are stumped. Please bring tech support back to Canada complete with the competent people you used to employ.

Seems to be happening everywhere. Telus relies on people from the Philippines and Central America. Occasionally you might talk to someone in Burnaby BC for tier two support. All the fast food restaurants are using international contractors, I am sure they are grateful to be working and do a very good job, however I do have to wonder why Canadians aren’t filling all these jobs. Nonetheless off shore tier one support will be the order of the day for some time. 

In another setting for another product I was talking to technical support, a very nice engineer and a rooster was going off. Apparently the engineer’s sister was supposed to come pick up the bird. The whole thing was quite funny. 

0 Kudos

Hi.  The same thing happened to me just now.  Shaw is a C...

pierrejamme
Grasshopper

Hi.  The same thing happened to me just now.  Shaw is a Canadian company, I have been a client with Shaw for 30 years, nowadays we can’t talk to a Canadian Shaw agent anymore.

Shame on you Shaw, you stink and Telus or Rogers are not much better as a client has to talk to someone in the Philippines, San  Salvador, India,when he/she needs to report a problem.  So disgusting.

0 Kudos

--  nowadays we can’t talk to a Canadian Shaw agent anymo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pierrejamme --  nowadays we can’t talk to a Canadian Shaw agent anymore.

I disagree.

This year, I have talked to Shaw's Call Centres in Nanaimo, Edmonton, Ontario, New Brunswick, and in Belize.

When I asked each Agent, Shaw does not provide any services in that part of Ontario, nor in New Brunswick.

That Agent in Belize City spoke excellent English, and said that Spanish is the first language outside of the City. He was very knowledgeable, and very pleasant.

If you telephone Shaw, they "load-balance", even when you call the number of the local Shaw office, by instantly rerouting each call to a "less-busy" Agent, in a different Call Centre.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help