Terrible speeds on XB6

thesainted1
Grasshopper

I am on 600, using the XB6 modem.  Speedtest shows on a good day 350-400, upload is always fine. I'm running in bridged mode to a Ubiquiti ER-X w/ HW Offload turned on, was good for a while, power cycled modem multiple times, and I do notice that this modem is fairly warm when pushing traffic through.

anyone else experience this issue when using bridge mode? 

the router (ER-X) is capable of simultaneous 1Gbps throughput, so this is not the issue.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nope, got the unifi usg and get full speed on some servic...

dragonstone634
Grasshopper

nope, got the unifi usg and get full speed on some services. Not speed test.

0 Kudos

have you tired a direct ethernet connection to your PC by...

shaw-tony

@thesainted1 have you tired a direct ethernet connection to your PC bypassing the router to see if you are getting up to 600 Mbps download? It may also be a network card issue (ensuring it is gigabit on full-duplex). When running the speed test, please use https://speedtest.shaw.ca. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

No difference

thesainted1
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw-Tony,

Direct connection yields the same speeds , it's full gigiabit connection, IPV4 ARP offload on/off doesn't make a difference, Receive Buffer=2048, Large packet =4088 (this was off), TX buffer = 512, it's not the PC, (multiple hardwire connections tried direct to modem.

Also, I can't get an IP unless the modem is cycled as well while it's in bridge mode either, which is weird, not sure if this is an ARP table issue on shaw's side assigning out address or not

0 Kudos

thank you for verifying those details. I checked into the...

shaw-tony

@thesainted1 thank you for verifying those details. I checked into the area and there aren't any reports of issues. It may just be a faulty modem which you can swap at your local retailer here. Give that a try and let me know how it goes! You can show them my response here if needed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help