Re: Having trouble connecting Google home and google home mini speakers to new Blue curve modem

kurtisbain
Grasshopper

I have a hard time believing this. A quick google search shows numerous people with this issue. It seems to stem from Gen2 Google devices and issues with IPV6. Which cannot be disabled in the Bluecurve gateway. What is Shaw doing about this. We all "upgraded" and are now nonfunctional in our smart homes. Every tech I have spoken with has said they are not aware of this issue. Total BS. I want a fix or I want my old router back and my contract cancelled.

Re: Having trouble connecting Google home and google home mini speakers to new Blue curve modem

kurtisbain
Grasshopper

People reporting it fine are likely using Gen1 Google products. I have 4 Chromecasts, two Gen1 (which work) and 2 Gen 2 (which do not). I also have 3 mini's functioning and one mini and a full google home which are not.

sanket_41
Grasshopper

can you please confirm how old are these devices (gen 1 or 2). I have my google home and google home mini about 1 year old

0 Kudos

sanket_41
Grasshopper

Thank you for this post, I was about to go crazy resetting this devised 10 times after every day after going home tired from work... 😞 I hope something gets fixed soon. or I have wasted my all investment on my smart home.

0 Kudos

Re: Trouble connecting Google Home / Mini / Chrome Cast to new Blue curve modem ( Technicolor 2.2 X6)

sanket_41
Grasshopper

I don't know if this matter or not but I will update my modem is

Vendor: Technicolor

Rev: 2.2.

Firmwere: CGM414MSHW_3.1p32s1_PROD_sey

I will update later if my google devices are gen 1 or 2.

0 Kudos

Re: Trouble connecting Google Home / Mini / Chrome Cast to new Blue curve modem ( Technicolor 2.2 X6)

haiilin
Grasshopper

Hey, could you send the router page of your router(the page that you can set up your wifi name and password)? I want to know if you enable MoCA  and Zero Config in your router. My modem used to work with my google home mini, but now I moved to a new place, it would not connect at all.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

sanket.41jonnyruzekkurtisbain I want to pass your examples along to our engineering team to find a resolution for the troubles you've been experiencing. I will need some more information, can you please provide details on:

• Google Home/Mini Device Version
  • Related Short Description (the error message)
  • Reproduction Steps (what steps did you take to reproduce the same error)
  • Any relative preconditions (was there any specific conditions prior to the error)

Please let me know as soon as possible so we can get this fixed!

0 Kudos

Since hooking up my blue curve modem, both of my google m...

Wesfader
Grasshopper

Since hooking up my blue curve modem, both of my google minis and an older ipad won't connect to the internet.  My two google Chrome seem to work fine. I have tried unplugging and restarting the modem to no effect and simply get an error from google that there is an error or can't find the interest.

0 Kudos

that is very odd. Have you tried a factory reset on both...

shaw-tony

@Wesfader that is very odd. Have you tried a factory reset on both the modem and your devices to see if they connect? Which versions of the Google Minis do you have?

0 Kudos

I had the same problem at first but it is working now. It...

marpabornagain
Grasshopper

I had the same problem at first but it is working now. It took me a long time to get it to work but eventually I got the Google home to connect to my internet again.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help