I tried both options and other wifi extenders that are co...

Yohanlouie
Grasshopper

I tried both options and other wifi extenders that are connected to the blue curve modem.

All shown errors - something went wrong and mini google it s connected but not communicate to iPhone.  Installation was incomplete 

0 Kudos

Yup. Me too. I just installed the Blue Curve modem yester...

YogiBoi
Grasshopper

Yup. Me too. I just installed the Blue Curve modem yesterday and am having the same issue of non-connectivity.  It took me a while, but the Help menu for the Google Home Hub I have says "it is NOT compatible with WPA2 security"..... My Hub and ALL of my mini's are Gen2 except 1 so I will try and connect that one tonight. See if it works.  I have a Tech coming out next week to install the TV boxes so will ask if there might be a solution.

I have the latest shop Blucirve curve router. I also have...

mstevulak
Grasshopper

I have the latest shop Blucirve curve router. I also have the latest Google Nest router and 2 Google Nest pods. I gave up on the Shaw pods - they were useless and sent them back. A tech told me to try to Google Nest network as it seems to work very well and told me it had to be set up in bridge mode. It is set up in bridge mode. It works great when it works. But they have to reset it sometimes two or three times a day there’s obviously some sort of conflict going on. Anybody Help with this config?

0 Kudos

Shaw bluecurve and google home fixed in august 12 2020 firmware

BarbW
Grasshopper

i wish to advise of the current interaction with shaw customer care techical support..
I wish to provide support details as to connecting a google home to the shaw blue curve network and the network being disconnected..
shaw supports their blue curve modem.. it is in the best interest of shaw technicians to understand why a google home will cause the blue curve network to fail..
google home received an update august 12 2020 with the Firmware version 1.46. 195690
So if your agents choose to state they only support the shaw modem.. it is the best interest of the technicians to understand the following..
my network does not work.. i recently connected a google home.. ok can you verify if there is any updates..

0 Kudos

Hi Tony, Just wanted to confirm that my 2 Nest Mini devic...

Rob_b
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

Just wanted to confirm that my 2 Nest Mini devices are Not able to connect to Blue Curve Wifi.

Let me know if you found resolution.

Thx!

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rob_b -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support. So, I doubt that "Tony" will read your message.

Within the BlueCurve's configuration, have you disabled "band steering", and created two different SSID names for the 2.4 Ghz and the 5 Ghz networks? Your WiFi device(s) should be able to connect to at least one of those SSIDs, if they are (temporariliy) in the same room as the BlueCurve.

on ‎2020-08-19 at 07:21 PM -- welcome to this peer-to-pee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BarbW on ‎2020-08-19 at 07:21 PM -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

However, while reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

and click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to send your feedback to Shaw.

0 Kudos

So I've figured out part of the issue. As long as the Sha...

2508967222a
Grasshopper

So I've figured out part of the issue. As long as the ShawMobileHotspot service is active, you will have problems. So essentially, a service that only benefits you outside the home, because other people have left it on, creates a problem for you where you won't need it. My guess is that the Google services don't play nicely with having part of your access point used for something you have no control over, so it protects itself and you can't access it. 

If you shut off the hotspot feature (which I'm sure Shaw isn't keen on advising you to do since it takes away something they advertise as a reason to sign up for Shaw) then the problems magically go away.

0 Kudos

--  it takes away something they advertise as a reason to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@2508967222a --  it takes away something they advertise as a reason to sign up for Shaw)

All the advertising I have read promotes that hotspot as a feature only for customers of Freedom Mobile (which is owned by Shaw) since those customers cannot authenticate to the "ShawOpen" network, because many of those customers are not customers of Shaw Internet.

0 Kudos

And now Shaw Mobile as well though, as a part of their bu...

2508967222a
Grasshopper

And now Shaw Mobile as well though, as a part of their bundling.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help