Jump to solution

-- before you try to login, tell your computer's web-brow...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@seadooman -- before you try to login, tell your computer's web-browser to "delete all cookies". Give it a try.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how to do that. Can y...

seadooman
Grasshopper

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how to do that. Can you suggest where I should look?

Also, why should I have to do this?  I really think the problem should be fixed for everyone, by Shaw. I'm not the only customer with this problem.

If it was at my end it would be constant. It is intermittent and consistently impossible to get in during certain periods of the day. Getting in is just as hard as winning the lottery.  

Jump to solution

--  I'm not sure how to do that. Can you suggest where I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@seadooman --  I'm not sure how to do that. Can you suggest where I should look?

The "how" depends on which web-browser you are using. But, each web-browser should have a "settings" button, where you can drill-down to "delete cookies".

If it was at my end it would be constant. 

Not necessarily. It might depend on whether you restart your computer before the first attempt to sign-in to Shaw WebMail, or, maybe, it is a later sign-in that somehow interacts with a previous sign-in.

It  is intermittent and consistently impossible to get in during certain periods of the day.

That's not my experience.  The "unable to communicate with server" might imply that Shaw's server, which "authenticates" your ID/password, might be overly-busy during certain periods of the day, causing it to not respond, or to respond too slowly, to your sign-in request.

For me, if a sign-in generates the error-message, an immediate re-click on "Sign In" is successful.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am so unimpressed with Shaw regarding this issue that I...

dframe
Grasshopper

I am so unimpressed with Shaw regarding this issue that I am very seriously considering leave Shaw because their support for this just sucks. I shouldn't have to clear cache, history, go Incognito and clear cookies everytime I want to access Webmail. My wife has a Mac and she never experiences this issue so what gives Shaw????? When are you going to provide a solution to this ongoing issue??

Jump to solution

--  a solution to this ongoing issue Shaw's "WebMail" ser...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dframe --  a solution to this ongoing issue

Shaw's "WebMail" server occasionally is not communicating with Shaw's "authentication" server, or vice-versa.

Recently, it has become less frequent, which implies that Shaw (not me) is working on it.

Given that Rogers now owns Shaw, is there less incentive for current Shaw employees to do more work on it?

For me, after the error-message, a second click on "Sign In" always seems to be successful. YMMV

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It's now a few months since any activity on this thread?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

It's now a few months since any activity on this thread?

Is anybody still getting the "unable to communicate" message?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Works fine here on Windows 10/Firefox 116.0 64-bit

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Works fine here on

Windows 10/Firefox 116.0 64-bit

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

every time I click to get in it says it's unable to open...

jrjo0682
Grasshopper

every time I click to get in it says it's unable to open this goes on for four to five times,I'm begging to be fed up with shaw webmail,also the new format does not respond when I click on a picture it goes back to the picture and not open the info on that picture or visa versa.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem.  Never seen an email with...

JoStew
Grasshopper

I have the exact same problem.  Never seen an email with such problems.

Jump to solution

I've been getting this issue for many months now. In the...

amnon
Grasshopper

I've been getting this issue for many months now. In the past clearing the cache/cookies/history would occasionally help but it's been days now since I have been able to log on on my laptop. I've tried Firefox, regular and private, Chrome, regular and incognito, and have cleared the cache/cookies/history for all multiple times and still nothing. I am able to log on using my S22 but it lacks the functionality I desperately need the desktop version for.

This issue is now beyond ludicrous! Shaw used to be the go to for good customer service and has since become the industries laughing stock.

TALK TO US
We're here to help