Unable to register devices on Shaw open

haileybrad
Grasshopper

I have two new iPads I want to register/ connect to the Shaw open wifi. I follow the steps to login/register device only to be told to try again. Chatted with 2 different help desk people only to be told to try again later and or reboot my iPad. Very frustrating. I’ve tried connecting to Shawopen wifi connection to try this as well as doing it from home wifi and the same issue occurs

AB4138B2-A2BE-43DC-A6F4-9B3D2ECDFAB0.jpeg

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Have you used up your allowed number of devices? Check in...

rstra
Grand Master

@haileybrad   Have you used up your allowed number of devices? Check in my.shaw.ca

0 Kudos

No I have only 3 devices . I have dealt with 3 separate “...

haileybrad
Grasshopper

No I have only 3 devices . I have dealt with 3 separate “support “ people who have no clue. This is still occurring I cannot add these iPads. Super disappointed

0 Kudos

I have a Pixel 7 and cannot register either. I've heard o...

isp_woes
Grasshopper

I have a Pixel 7 and cannot register either. I've heard others having the same issue as well. Support is unhelpful and not aware of any "outages". I suggest calling to complain to get higher ups to notice that this is not an isolated issue.

Has anyone had a resolution for this? I’m still in this s...

haileybrad
Grasshopper

Has anyone had a resolution for this? I’m still in this same loop, tech support has no clue and just wants to give me a temporary access code and a work around.

0 Kudos

Are cookies disabled, have you tried using a different br...

rstra
Grand Master

@haileybrad  Are cookies disabled, have you tried using a different browser?

0 Kudos

-- note that "new" iPad/iPhone devices will present a dif...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@haileybrad -- note that "new" iPad/iPhone devices will present a different MAC-address every time when trying to connect to any WiFi Access Point, including ShawOpen. This is a "security" feature, to prevent your "real" MAC-address from being recorded.  Within IOS, you can disable this feature when trying to connect to a specific Access Point, e.g., ShawOpen. Worth a try?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help