Jump to solution

Unknown device

wynford
Grasshopper

I have an unknown iPhone device showing up in Offline Devices, in Connected Devices in my Gateway router... whatever this iPhone is, I don't have it... I do have an iPhone and it's showing up in Connected Devices in Online Devices with a MAC Address... I have restarted the router and unplugged it and it does not show up in Home Connect on my iPhone, but continues to show up in the router... how can I get rid of it in the router

unknown.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

wrote: I do have an iPhone and it's showing up in Connect...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford wrote: I do have an iPhone and it's showing up in Connected Devices in Online Devices with a MAC Address... 

On your iPHone, open Settings, open Wi-Fi, find the SSID of your current location and click the I-in-a-circle. Scroll down to "Private Wi-Fi Address".  

If it is enabled, then each time your iPhone connects to your Wi-Fi, it will present a different MAC-address.

So, what you see for that "offline" connection is a previous connection, using a different MAC-address.

Will a "factory-reset" of your cable-modem clear all the "stale" information?  Not just a power-off/power-on sequence.

P.S. After you click that "Edit" button, what choices do you have?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

Open the Ignite Home app and look for the device under Wi...

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  Open the Ignite Home app and look for the device under Wifi/Devices Not Connected, select the device and press Device Details then press Forget Device.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That unknown iPhone device is not listed in Ignite Home t...

wynford
Grasshopper

That unknown iPhone device is not listed in Ignite Home that's why I restarted and unplugged the router, hoping that would clear it, but didn't

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: I do have an iPhone and it's showing up in Connect...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford wrote: I do have an iPhone and it's showing up in Connected Devices in Online Devices with a MAC Address... 

On your iPHone, open Settings, open Wi-Fi, find the SSID of your current location and click the I-in-a-circle. Scroll down to "Private Wi-Fi Address".  

If it is enabled, then each time your iPhone connects to your Wi-Fi, it will present a different MAC-address.

So, what you see for that "offline" connection is a previous connection, using a different MAC-address.

Will a "factory-reset" of your cable-modem clear all the "stale" information?  Not just a power-off/power-on sequence.

P.S. After you click that "Edit" button, what choices do you have?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

... P.S. After you click that "Edit" button, what choices...

wynford
Grasshopper

... P.S. After you click that "Edit" button, what choices do you have? ...

A list of known networks and a list of managed networks.

... Will a "factory-reset" of your cable-modem clear all the "stale" information?  Not just a power-off/power-on sequence. ...

I'll give that a shot... factory reset did the trick and got rid of that unknow iPhone, but I forgot the default password and had to look it up... they sure don't make things easy.

Thanks a lot 😁

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help