Unreliable home internet and totally useless online customer service!

anotherusername
Grasshopper

I live in Edmonton. There have been frequent internet outages in my area (Riverbend/Ramsay Heights) in last few months. At times, the outage notification will appear on my account but sometimes it takes way longer. Sometimes it takes multiple days. I reached out to online customer service multiple times and every time had an awful experience where the online reps are either completely unaware of outage and blaming my modem, or giving incorrect ETAs, or saying they have no idea what is going on to just being plain rude. For example, I had an outage yesterday (Aug 14) and today (Aug 15). Yesterday I reached out and the agent ‘Marco’ and ‘Tamanna’; both just said yes there is an outage with no ETA and no insight whatsoever, their only weapon of communication, ‘apology’. Today I woke up and internet is paralyzed again, turned the data on and logged in to find red bar on top page saying there is an outage in your area. Well I reached out to online CS hoping to learn whats going on, chatted with agent ‘Anmol’ and the agent totally denied there is an outage and blamed my modem instead. I gave her the ticket # which was provided me a day earlier, and the agent said that ticket does not exist, this was a rude agent.

I work from home thus I rely on internet to make a living. Rogers has caused me embarrassment in my employment multiple times. Posting here out of frustration. My questions:

• When there is ‘planned’ outage, how do I learn in advance so I can make alternative arrangements?

• What should I do to learn the exact nature/statuses of repair works done in my area?

• Why online reps and internal employees have virtually no communication with each other?

• Why is there an outage every few weeks in my area? Is there some big maintenance going on that I should be aware of?

• Why exactly your online rep service mislead and are totally clueless?

Rogers keep bragging about high internet speed which is totally irrelevant. People need consistent/reliable internet which unfortunately you struggle to provide.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos