Up and coming changes to payment due dates

g-idk
Master

Just wanted to ask people to post what the new due dates will look like after any invoices are issued on or after July 15th, so we can see the new dates and what period they cover. I just received my new invoice today the 14th of July, and since it has been issued the day before the change over to the new system, mine still reads the same as always, 30 days to pay not due till Aug.14th.   I guess that means I won't see the change over personally until my invoice issued on Aug.14th.  Just being curious.  🤔,  Here's a snapshot of payment details from my latest. Screenshot 2024-07-14 105337.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

The new due date will be 21 days after your bill date, so...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  The new due date will be 21 days after your bill date, so your next bill will be something like August 14 invoice and September 7 due. My next invoice will be in 4 days, so I will know for sure. I am still paying in advance though, I should try calling Rogers to find out why.

, ok looking forward to seeing what your new invoice show...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , ok looking forward to seeing what your new invoice shows.  I would sure call in and check on that, but you are probably going to get a newbie who doesn't have a clue on why it's different for you, (sigh).  

wrote:  I am still paying in advance ... Is there any Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra wrote:  I am still paying in advance ...

Is there any Shaw/Rogers customer who is NOT paying in advance?

Above, @g-idk is being invoiced for future usage between July 14 (yesterday) and August 13, and will not have to make payment before August 14.  That is not "in advance".

In contrast, apartment renters pay in advance, e.g., on the 1st of a month, for the rest of the month.  That truly is "in advance".

0 Kudos

Yes, this has been covered before, I prepay for next mont...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Yes, this has been covered before, I prepay for next month.

IMG_0494.jpeg

0 Kudos

My bill is now due on the 22nd of every month. Who in the...

WarrenZ
Grasshopper

My bill is now due on the 22nd of every month. Who in the living H--- pays their bills on that date? When I first joined Shaw back in the 90's the payment due date was always at the end of the month. A normal due date for any reputable utility company. That's when people get paid. Now, thanks to this blind ignorant move, I will now be late by almost a week paying my bill every month. Plus to top it all off, Shaw is now threatening late payment charges. Is this why Shaw did this? Needless to say, this is a deal ender. If Shaw doesn't repair this situation, I will have no other choice than to move to another service. What in the world were you thinking Shaw?

0 Kudos

It should also be pointed out that Shaw created a situati...

WarrenZ
Grasshopper

It should also be pointed out that Shaw created a situation a few years ago by moving up the due date by a month, forcing us to advance pay. Now it seems they are doing it again. This is what criminals do.

0 Kudos

What's also infuriating is that they didn't move the next...

WarrenZ
Grasshopper

What's also infuriating is that they didn't move the next due date forward, they moved it backwards. So for example, normally my next bill payment due date should have been on Sept 1. But instead of moving that due date forward to Sept 22. They moved it backwards to Aug 22. Thus making me late on my bill payment, and now charging me $3.98 in late fees. Which will now (if I choose to stay) having to pay that extra amount every moth. This is what criminals do.

0 Kudos

wrote: My  bill is now due on the 22nd of every month. Wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@WarrenZ wrote: My  bill is now due on the 22nd of every month. Who in the living H--- pays their bills on that date?

Through your bank, you may create an automatic payment to Rogers on the 20th of each month. Set it & forget it.

When I first joined Shaw back in the 90's the payment due date was always at the end of the month.

You probably signed-up on the 1st of the month, and had to pay by the 30th of each month. I signed-up with Shaw on the 17th of a month, and that still is my "anniversary" date, decades later.

I will now be late by almost a week paying my bill every month.

That's your choice to not pay by your due date -- the 22nd.  What about paying via your credit-card, and then on pay-day, make a transfer from your primary bank-account to your credit-card account? Thus, Rogers/Shaw receives your payment by the due date, avoiding late fees, and your credit-card company won't require you to pay the amount until 21 days after receiving your next credit-card invoice. 

The point is that they changed the due date and I wasn't...

WarrenZ
Grasshopper

The point is that they changed the due date and I wasn't consulted. Just forced to pay a late fee every month. I live month to month, and I don't deal with credit cards, and I despise banks.

I'm old school. I actually pay my bills in person. I pay my bills just before the 1st of each month, which was their due date.

Been doing that for decades now, without any problems. Now it's a problem? And I'm supposed to change to acquiesce to them, or they'll charge me late fees? That's criminal.

Either they change it back to the 1st of each month, or I go somewhere else. It's that simple. and they lose a customer.

0 Kudos