Upgrade to 300 is slower than hish speed 50

whomever
Grasshopper

You can save reading the rant and go to bottom in red.

I've been biting the upgrade carrot since 1994 so I'll admit it, I'm dumb, but set that aside.

I phoned to ask why my bill was high - again, and that was quickly corrected. However, next from the marketing/sales department that has access to our billing, came the new carrot - to upgrade from 75 to 300.

I ws told I'd save money if I "upgraded" to 300 from 75. My 75 averages were low 80 to high 85. Now with the "upgrade" to 300, my averages are 1/3rd of what they use to be. ONE THIRD! That's NOT an UPgrade, that is a DOWNgrade. Geeze!

I went Chat to get it put back the way it was and after the battle with the "I" bot, I was "being transferred". I waited for the transfer to complete, waited 45 minutes and went to the phone. It said there would be a call-back in 35 - 45 minutes. But that was 2.45 hours ago. I'd be happy to set up a Go-Fund for Shaw to by a new clock.

I had time to kill, so went through the FAQ and all 3,861 words on 214 lines that was all about the problem being someone else problem - not Shaws.

So here I am, no one called back, no one answers except a bit-chomper that insults our intelligence by it pretending to be a human. It's a machine! NOT a "I". Machines cannot be a entity, not even "I".

The call-back doesn't work.

The chat doesn't get answered. The commercial that "Chat is the fastest way of connecting with us" is NOT the case for me.  Chat doesn't say how long it will be and when I did get someone, it was long waits between answering a simple question of "Are you using WiFi or cable"? I immediately say "cable" and wait 8 minutes while the agent runs off to a dozen other 'people', and ponds me with another question, and another long wait.  

I have little time left to cancel that contract and return to the normal grief. 

How do I get a human being that can expedite a return to my previous 75 without waiting for unknown, indeterminate amount of time on Chat, or the no-callback waits? 

huh?

p.s. 

When "POST" is clicked, I get the lucky draw of another Shaw kiddie-koded "There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes." Yeppers, that's Shaw for ya, wait, oh, just wait, wait some more, Chat, wait, call-back - wait, but BILLING NEVER WAITS does it!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

very sorry for the long waits as we are busier than usual...

shaw-tony

@whomever very sorry for the long waits as we are busier than usual. We are working on responding to everyone as quickly as possible. I took a quick look at your account and don't see any errors on the modem. The signal is a bit off-spec which may be causing the slow speeds you've been experiencing. Just to make sure, are you noticing slow speeds over WiFi only or are direct ethernet connections slow as well? If it is slow over ethernet, is your network card gigabit enabled and the ethernet cord a cat-5E or higher? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

I didn't just get my computers yesterday. https://support...

whomever
Grasshopper
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help