-- during any of those "downward spikes", can you use the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dietpepsirocks -- during any of those "downward spikes", can you use the Windows TRACERT command-line utility to trace packets to the IP-address of the upload-server? It might be something intermittent outside of Shaw's network, i.e., something that Shaw cannot address.

0 Kudos

Here's the guide on how to perform tracert in case unfami...

shaw-ada

@dietpepsirocks Here's the guide on how to perform tracert in case unfamiliar with it. We highly recommend reaching out to our technical support so they can further investigate this when you provide them the tracert results.

@mdk wrote:

@dietpepsirocks -- during any of those "downward spikes", can you use the Windows TRACERT command-line utility to trace packets to the IP-address of the upload-server? It might be something intermittent outside of Shaw's network, i.e., something that Shaw cannot address.

0 Kudos

The downward spikes last at most 20-30 seconds, sometimes...

dietpepsirocks
Grasshopper

The downward spikes last at most 20-30 seconds, sometimes only a few seconds at a time, how am I suppose to trace it when its so intermittent?

Also, I dont believe that.  Shaw has screamed bloody murder so many times, and every time its ended up being their problems after they vehemently deny it, they're like a broken record.  They found MANY problems in the node, and even acknowledged last time I talked to the plant technician that they couldn't find one of the problems because of how intermittent it was, oopsy, bad for them to acknowledge the truth.  I'm sure Shaw's mad about that.

0 Kudos

also Shaw has been investigating this for 4-5 months now....

dietpepsirocks
Grasshopper

also Shaw has been investigating this for 4-5 months now.  Its been escalated to the Director of Networking (so they tell me).

Also, when this has happened in the past, they said its not them! Then they fixed it.  Then it came back, said its not them! they fixed it, comes back again, they say its not them!

lol.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help