Useless service outage notifications?

BobJackson1
Grasshopper

I wasn't sure where to post this, but the internet was my main concern for service interruptions so I put it here. I finally signed up for outage notifications after many frustrating situations with my internet/TV/phone going down with no warning. I subscribed to "Lower Mainland", which now gives me about 20+ emails per week, and maybe 1 out of every 100 emails has anything even remotely relevant to my area. Why is there no way to narrow down these notifications? Is Shaw unaware of how large these areas are? They have my address, so why is there not an option for notifications for areas within 25km, 50km, or 100km of my area? I'm unsubscribing today, because the dozens and dozens of useless emails are more annoying than randomly finding out my internet won't be working for 5 hours because of needed "upgrades".

Labels (1)
1 Reply

I one up this. Having the ability to refine the service n...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

I one up this.

Having the ability to refine the service notifications would be awesome!!!! 

Working in the planning department at Shaw, I am always concerned that customers will not see my notifications. The amount of network upgrades and new nodes I launch is insane....

I once knocked on a small street of houses and posted signs in the neighbourhood, just to make sure people knew that there was a new node being launched in their front yard, and to expect a service outage. <--- Not Standard practice FYI Just me being paranoid 😛

TALK TO US
We're here to help