Jump to solution

Still wondering if you ever had this issue resolved. As I...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

Still wondering if you ever had this issue resolved. As I am having the same problem I still haven't been able to get twitch emails on time.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I had this problem for the last 10 months or so. Never ha...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

I had this problem for the last 10 months or so. Never had this problem initially set up twitch. a few years ago. Looks to me that they still haven't had this problem resolved. Last time I went to support and they told me there was nothing they can do. As shaw does not block messages. But there is something going on the back end. That most of there support doesn't know. If its just a problem with shaw and not any other email provider.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It did get resolved however I haven't had the need to log...

andrewr2
Grasshopper

It did get resolved however I haven't had the need to log in again so I suppose it's possible it broke again?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

My problem is worse now. I don't get any of verification...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

My problem is worse now. I don't get any of verification emails from twitch.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

that is certainly odd, can you send me a DM with the emai...

shaw-tony

@kdawg6911 that is certainly odd, can you send me a DM with the email address you are having trouble with to take a further look. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I DM'd you on Monday still waiting for a reply. Sorry if...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

I DM'd you on Monday still waiting for a reply. Sorry if I seem in patient but I've been having these problems for about 9 month Shaw support told me it wasn't there problem When I called about it. I really want to use this email address every other email that isn't Shaw works just beautifully and almost instant tenuously.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm sorry for the delay, just got to your message now. Pl...

shaw-tony

@kdawg6911 I'm sorry for the delay, just got to your message now. Please check it out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Some mail-servers use a "grey-listing" technique, with th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Some mail-servers use a "grey-listing" technique, with the intent of stopping E-mail from spammers:

1. spammers create a new ID, and try to deliver their message to your ID;

2. the mail-server recognizes that the spammer's ID and your ID have NEVER previously communicated, and it REJECTS the message, flagging the delivery attempt as "temporary failure", not "permanent failure".

3. hopefully, if it is Twitch's mail-server (but not the spammer's mail-server) that recognizes the "temporary" notification, and it (but not the spammer) will re-queue the message, for a second attempt, maybe in exactly 15 minutes, to re-send the message.

4. the mail-server recognizes that the connection is a "retry" from the same ID to the same recipient, and will accept the message, and will instantly accept all future deliveries from the sender's ID to your ID.

Suggestion: after interacting with Twitch, wait 60 seconds, and repeat the interaction. It is possible that the second "confirmation" E-mail from Twitch will instantly be delivered, while the first "confirmation" message is still in that 15-minute-delay queue on Twitch's mail-server.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for replying I've tried in Chrome/Firefox/Windows...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

Thanks for replying I've tried in Chrome/Firefox/Windows edge/Windows 10 application all same problem. Not receiving any emails on twitch from either Firefox and Chrome have no extension enabled. Also I installed Firefox just to test this. I don't normally use Windows Edge Browser but. Its automatically on my system. So I  tried it anyways I've made a support request on twitch as well. So we can see what they have said. 

I've also set up the mail filters like you explained. as well as selected to keep spam email in my inbox exactly like the support link you sent me.

I really hope we can get this sorted by evolving both you and twitch. I don't receive any notifications anymore as of Nov.9 2020 from no-reply@twitch.tv and like 10 months from account@twitch.tv in order to let me log into my twitch they had to disable "We have temporarily disabled Login Verification on next log-in for you. For 24 hrs" as of Feb 2020. I added two-factor authentication so that I can at least log in. But I can't verify my account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This isn’t a solution for your Shaw email problem, but wo...

rstra
Grand Master

This isn’t a solution for your Shaw email problem, but would you be able to contact Twitch and have them change the email on your account to gmail?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help