Jump to solution

-- I've tried in Chrome/Firefox/Windows Edge/Windows 10 a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kdawg6911 -- I've tried in Chrome/Firefox/Windows Edge/Windows 10 application all same problem. Not receiving any emails on twitch from either Firefox and Chrome, have no extension enabled. Also I installed Firefox just to test this. 

No matter which web-browser that you use, ask Twitch's web-site for the verification E-mail. Then, wait 61 seconds, and ask again.  It is possible that the second E-mail message from Twitch will be instantly delivered, as soon as you "refresh" your E-mail program, and the first E-mail message will be delivered after 15 minutes. Ignore that delayed message, and do whatever the "second-to-be-sent" message tells you to do.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have access to the account. I just cant verify the acco...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

I have access to the account. I just cant verify the account. It used to work last year lol. But not for a while it hasn't I'm actually on customer support. I changed it to my Hotmail it came within a few minutes.  haven't tried gmail.

Also I am in contact with twitch support this is what they said.

"Hi kdawg6911,

Email is a process we’re working on, it’s complicated, and traverses many systems. Occasionally our emails DO get blocked by email providers even before they go to your spam folders, so you may need to try these steps several times over a few days.

1. Go to www.twitch.tv/settings
2. Set your email to a fake email address (I suggest not actually changing it to a fake email address in case someone owns it. They might have access to your account. I suggest changing it to another email address You have that is my personal note. As I am Security Conscious individual)
3. Save.
4. Go back to twitch.tv/settings
5. Set your email to your REAL email
6. Save & Verify

Make sure to check your spam folder, and wait some time before trying again.

Some email providers (custom domains and small providers) often have misconfigured emails that do not have proper MX setup. This will show an “invalid email”. You can try again later, but it is likely that this error is due to a server misconfiguration."

So I am attempting this over the next few days. Hopefully if this works for someone. That it might be able to help some one else.

Also for another references I went threw this in here. For making sure spam email is still saved in my inbox and creating filters to make sure it comes in. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/about-shaw-webmail-s-email-filters-and-spam-settings/ta...

I completed that step.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No I was Just saying that is what they told me to do. I a...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

No I was Just saying that is what they told me to do.

I am in contact with them lol. And i have access to my account i just cant verify my account.

Cause the emails are not coming threw.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I figured I should at to this my issue still isn't resolv...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

I figured I should add to this.

My issue still isn't resolved. I've done the things twitch support has asked. Still no luck. Now I am getting the run around they are marking the issue was resolved. Which it hasn't trying to get it escalated I'll hammer their support till I get an actual response rather then a canned message.

Maybe to get my issue resolved. I can get Shaw support to actually communicate with twitch. Maybe if I can get a company to talk to them this issue will get resolved.

Freaking annoying. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- the E-mails are not coming through Make one attempt at...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kdawg6911 -- the E-mails are not coming through

Make one attempt at "verifying".

Wait 2 minutes, and make a second attempt at "verifying".

My hope is that the 2nd message from Twitch will immediately arrive, while the 1st message from Twitch is in "limbo".

Jump to solution

Wahoo, I finally got it to work. I tried your method alth...

kdawg6911
Grasshopper

Wahoo, I finally got it to work. I tried your method although it did not work the first few times I've tried it every few minutes the last 2 hrs. It seemed to work I've turned on notifications for channels to see if it work. I would hate this being an ongoing issue.

So I am going to prop twitch see if this is resolved.

I shouldn't have to do that. It should just work

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help