Try disabling the firewall temporarily. The vpn is probab...

awakeforer
Grasshopper

Try disabling the firewall temporarily. The vpn is probably using multiple ports and one could be blocked. After doing this if not work try directly connecting with Ethernet cable to router and after confirming you can reach internet, try connecting to vpn again

I have had a bluecurve gateway for a couple months now,...

KrisM99
Grasshopper

I have had a bluecurve gateway for a couple months now,  and my VPN periodically drops, anywhere from 30 minutes to a number of hours usually at least once a day.   The messages I get seem to indicate that Internet connection had changed.

Recently I needed to connect a new device to my networks but it would only connect on 2.4g networks,  when I read up on the Gateway I realized it is in integrated 2.4g and 5g modem that will switch your connection between the bandwidths depending on the signal strength, but it indicated that there was the ability to separate the bandwidths back to separate channels.     I contact Shaw to do this, as a result I had to reconnect everything to a specific channel,  however since then I have not noticed my VPN dropping.    I am suspicious that my disconnects before was the result on the gateway switching my connection between different bandwidths thereby disconnecting my VPN connection.

People having VPN drops should consider having the bandwidths separated to see if it resolved the issue.  Hope this helps.

That is good advice, I always recommend that people turn...

rstra
Grand Master

@KrisM99 That is good advice, I always recommend that people turn off band steering when they have connectivity issues. It is likely that the security through your VPN didn’t like the connection changing.

I stream live and i pay alot for service and it is always...

mindy226
Grasshopper

I stream live and i pay alot for service and it is always says interrupted connection 

--  it is always says interrupted connection  After you c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mindy226 --  it is always says interrupted connection 

After you contacted Shaw Support, what trouble-shooting did they do?  Did they make any suggestions, such as replacing your cable-modem, or scheduling a technician to visit your location?

OK so we had major issues with our VPN and Avaya phones a...

JGilmet
Grasshopper

OK so we had major issues with our VPN and Avaya phones and VPN apps during work at home because of Covid. Our IT had done many troubleshooting steps. This is what fixed the issue for anyone in our company with Bluecurve modems  Model TG3482ER3. Finally had Shaw send a replacement modem modem model CGM4141SHW as advised by IT. All VPN applications now work and Avaya Softphone issues are gone. Thank God, we almost lost our jobs over this.

How do you set up a blue curve gateway with both a 2.4 an...

Tanya14
Grasshopper

How do you set up a blue curve gateway with both a 2.4 and 5 ghz network?

0 Kudos

-- by default, your BlueCurve is doing "band-steering". E...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tanya14 -- by default, your BlueCurve is doing "band-steering". Each attempted WiFi connection is routed to one of the two WiFi networks that it provides, as appropriate for the device that is trying to connect.

Configure the modem to disable "band steering", and then set the SSID for the 2 networks to different values, e.g., "T-2.4" and "T-5G". Then, on each WiFi device, choose which of the 2 networks that you want the device to use.

Is there anything else that you did.  I just upgraded to...

Tanya14
Grasshopper

Is there anything else that you did.  I just upgraded to a CGM4140COM and I cannot connect for more than a few minutes at a time.  All other devices work.  I have split the network into 2.4 and 5 ghz as well.

0 Kudos

I have a Shaw service with a Hitron modem/router. I chose...

elderone1
Grasshopper

I have a Shaw service with a Hitron modem/router. I chose an upgrade to a BlueCurve Fibre+750 bundle. Everything worked except VPN Passthrough, and that was one service that was a 'must have'. Reverted to my Hitron contract but upgraded to its maximum 300 mb/s. BlueCurve bundle is now re-boxed to return to Shaw.

I realize that it is possible to connect a 3rd party router in a bridging mode, but while that is connected, BlueCurve does not work. The necessary next procedure is to disconnect the bridging router and do a factory reset on the BlueCurve device. Every time! What a bollocks technology is that?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help