VPN setups will work regardless of a business or consumer...

shaw-tony

@Cowtown63 VPN setups will work regardless of a business or consumer account. As for support, VPNs are limited to our business team members. You will need to contact your VPN provider for assistance to ensure it works.

0 Kudos

That is very heartening news Tony. Is there a guideline s...

pthomas36
Grasshopper

That is very heartening news Tony. Is there a guideline somewhere for enabling this on the BlueCurve modems?

there's no onboard VPN for any of our modems. Setups woul...

shaw-tony

@pthomas36 there's no onboard VPN for any of our modems. Setups would be through a 3rd party client on your PC/devices or a 3rd party router that has VPN management.

0 Kudos

did someone fix this issue?

josh1977
Grasshopper

did someone fix this issue?

0 Kudos

Exactly the same problem here. I cannot maintain an inter...

MDixon
Grasshopper

Exactly the same problem here. I cannot maintain an internet connection for more than 4 hours without a disconnection, and sometimes it's more like every 20 minutes. It is definitely an issue specifically when I am using VPN clients, either for work or personally. I've been talking to tech support for over a week on and off, and all they have left to suggest now is that I plug into the coax outlet that my TV is using. Uh huh.

I like Shaw but if I can't use a VPN I will be switching to Telus.

>  I will be switching to Telus. During the current COVID...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  I will be switching to Telus.

During the current COVID-19 pandemic, you probably will have to wait a few months before Telus will allow a technician to enter your home, to do the necessary wiring.

Do you have a VPN-client on a laptop?  Can you take that laptop to a location where "Shaw Go WiFi" or the new "Shaw Go" is available? Do you get a solid connection, with no intermittent problems? Near me, there are a few Shaw WiFi access-points in a public park -- well outside of "social separation" distance from any other person in the park.

I have the same problem, were you able to get it resolved...

client
Grasshopper

I have the same problem, were you able to get it resolved? Does it work via ethernet connection?

My work suggested it was because the IP addresses conflicted and therefore were perceived as a threat. I can connect easily via hotspot but I am blocked every time I try to connect through wifi 😞

NO VPN with Blue Curve? Really!

Brasil2001
Grasshopper

NO VPN with Blue Curve? Really!

Yes, I encountered this today. Very frustrating, and even...

Joseph_J
Grasshopper

Yes, I encountered this today. Very frustrating, and even more so that customer service seemed to have no solution besides restarting my modem and PC! I eventually just gave up and asked them to send me a Hitron modem instead. I'm sorry, but I don't need a BlueCurve app to tell me how much I use my work laptop at home... It's strange that this issue hasn't been addressed properly in a year!

Literally just hooked up my 300 mb/s in Edmonton with the...

baggio1000000
Grasshopper

Literally just hooked up my 300 mb/s in Edmonton with the Bluecurve. I was at 100mb/s with Telus dsl. I was able to hit my full download speed of 100 mb/s with Telus and PrivateInternetAccess VPN. Now, with my 300 mb/s I'm hitting 30 mb/s with my VPN. Tried changing servers, and 30 was the fastest I hit.

Can I ask for a different modem to resolve this?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help