I had the same problem trying to reconnect my smart plug...

e_koch
Grasshopper

I had the same problem trying to reconnect my smart plug after starting Blue Curve. Tech support was useless. Accidentally found the article that was preceded in red lettering "Not Recommended" on how to separate 2.4g and 5g. After that the smart plug was able to connect, but I had to reconnect the other devices because of different passwords to separate the channels.

0 Kudos

I agree not allowing vpn's to access work during Covid is...

Sadcustomer
Grasshopper

I agree not allowing vpn's to access work during Covid is a joke. Spent two days trying to get mine working but shaw keeps pushing their own dns severs back, even in bridge mode! If i cannot get this working or a different modem that works, i have no choice but to find a new internet provider!!

ps:  their are alot of other internet providers who want our business!

Very unhappy customer!

0 Kudos

I don't know what the BlueCurve application gives you but...

Railhound
Grasshopper

I don't know what the BlueCurve application gives you but for me I always advise people to set their ISP device in bridge mode. This party router are so much better in terms of WIFI range, features, and well documented to you can set things the way you need them.

0 Kudos

-- Shaw keeps pushing their own DNS servers back, even in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadcustomer -- Shaw keeps pushing their own DNS servers back, even in bridge mode

Correct.

When your third-party router sends a DHCP-request, it is Shaw's DHCP-server that returns information, including the IP-addresses of the Shaw DNS-servers. So, "manually" configure your router to use the IP-addresses of the DNS-servers that you want to use, i.e., to NOT use the Shaw DNS servers. If your third-party router does not allow this "manual" configuration, switch to a router that does.

0 Kudos

Did u find a way around this ? I am have this exact issue...

dropC
Grasshopper

Did u find a way around this ? I am have this exact issue. It has been a super frustrating experience, had 2 technicians come home, they would switch modems and it would work for like 4 hours or so and then my work VPN box would lose connection and not connect again after that.

Had multiple hours on record with the "tech support" people that only tell me to unplug my modem and plug it back again.

I need to work and shaw is literally causing me huge financial loss since I am literally not being able to connect to my employers vpn to access my remote PC.

0 Kudos

-- I am ... not ... able to connect to my employer's VPN...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dropC -- I am ... not ... able to connect to my employer's VPN to access my remote PC

What does your employer's I.T. Department see from their end? Any error-messages created by their VPN server?

What is the output from the Windows command-line utility: IPCONFIG /ALL ?

0 Kudos

-- it would work for like 4 hours or so  Does the corpora...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dropC -- it would work for like 4 hours or so 

Does the corporate VPN server have a time-limit of 4 hours for each session?

Do you have a pop-up blocker that is blocking a pop-up that asks you "are you still there? Click OK to stay connected."

0 Kudos

Was there ever a solution to this?

DebE1957
Grasshopper

Was there ever a solution to this?

0 Kudos

Seriously????  Anyone heard of COVID and remote work?

Harumdf
Grasshopper

Seriously????  Anyone heard of COVID and remote work?  

0 Kudos

Tony.  VPN tunnels are a commonplace connection. You do n...

jamesnation
Grasshopper

Tony.  VPN tunnels are a commonplace connection. You do not need a Business account to use a vpn from home. 

As a mod, you should have a better understanding of these things. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help