Webmail Periodic Log Out

Tanith
Grasshopper

Periodically, and fairly frequently, my shawhosting webmail is booting me back to the log in screen. Using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 7. I can log back in, but then it'll do it again. Very frustrating.

I've cleared my cache and cookies, I've updated Chrome. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- Shaw WebMail does log me out, after many hours of it b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tanith -- Shaw WebMail does log me out, after many hours of it being open. But, it does pop-up a warning "you will be logged out in NNN minutes, please save your work".  It's probably a "security" feature. But, for many it's many hours, not a few minutes. I do not see anything in WebMail "preference" to set the "time-out" amount.

I've been having the exact same issue with shawhosting we...

Kat15
Grasshopper

I've been having the exact same issue with shawhosting webmail. Keeps logging me out frequently. It only began happening about six months ago. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos

--  Keeps logging me out frequently. How frequently? Usi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kat15 --  Keeps logging me out frequently.

How frequently?

Using "view HTML source" on the Shaw WebMail page, I see references to "set timeout".  So, it's embedded in the coding.

> It only began happening about six months ago.

Maybe, Shaw added the time-outs, as a security-feature, i.e., if you walk-away from a computer in a public library, you automatically get logged-out, after a while.

> Were you able to find a solution?

There is no "solution" - it is what it is.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help