wynford
Grasshopper

Why can't I connect to Webmail in Microsoft Edge, I keep getting a 

Security Check Failed. Clear your browser cache and retry

message… I clear my cache, but still the same thing and yet, in Internet explorer, i have no problems

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

sounds like it may be an issue with Microsoft Edge as it...

shaw-tony

@wynford sounds like it may be an issue with Microsoft Edge as it works in Internet Explorer. If it has an available update, please try and do that. Alternatively, if you have any extensions active, disable them to see if it helps. Otherwise, you will need to contact Microsoft to see what the issue is.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jump to solution

sounds like it may be an issue with Microsoft Edge as it...

shaw-tony

@wynford sounds like it may be an issue with Microsoft Edge as it works in Internet Explorer. If it has an available update, please try and do that. Alternatively, if you have any extensions active, disable them to see if it helps. Otherwise, you will need to contact Microsoft to see what the issue is.

Jump to solution

Well it's either Translator for Microsoft Edge extension...

wynford
Grasshopper

Well it's either Translator for Microsoft Edge extension or Bitwarden - free password manger extension, I turned both off and I was able to login to Shaw's webmail in Microsoft Edge... thanks for the advise... when I have some free time, I'll have to check which one.

Jump to solution

Decided to try now... and the culprit is Bitwarden, Trans...

wynford
Grasshopper

Decided to try now... and the culprit is Bitwarden, Translator gave me no problem

Jump to solution

Have the same problem.   Started 2 weeks ago, past 5 year...

JMc52
Grasshopper

Have the same problem.   Started 2 weeks ago, past 5 years no problem.

'Security Check Failed. Clear your browser cache and retry
Shaw email'

Using Chrome

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

it may be updates with your operating system, browser, br...

shaw-tony

@JMc52 it may be updates with your operating system, browser, browser extensions, etc. that are causing issues. Have you tried a different browser or try accessing your email in safe mode to see if the same error shows up?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Have been using Chrome for a number of years and with no...

JMc52
Grasshopper

Have been using Chrome for a number of years and with no problems.   This just started a few weeks ago.   Not sure what you mean by accessing email in safe mode.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hmm, if you follow the steps to clear your cache, does it...

shaw-tony

@JMc52 hmm, if you follow the steps to clear your cache, does it help? Ah, safe mode as in running your computer in safe mode with networking so it has the least number of software/drivers active to see if the same error shows up.

0 Kudos