Setup is very easy

PurpleRaven
Grasshopper

I actually simply followed the instructions provided with the extenders, and after a couple of reboots/re-plug, both are working seamlessly.

0 Kudos

I posted on this subjected last spring. I opted to try ou...

rickatk
Master

@PurpleRaven wrote:

Because of the layout of the house, it appears that BlueCurve doesn't reach everywhere, and I need to add a wifi extender. Am thinking of a NetGear WiFi RangeExtender (EX3700) and wonder whether there might be an issues with it and BlueCurve.

Appreciate any thoughts and experiences.

I posted on this subjected last spring. I opted to try out the BlueCurve pods, with the assistance of Shaw Tech support visit. They were very committed to optimize my network and get these devices going. After much experimentation I decided to leave my BlueCurve system with just the main router. Albeit the techs did a great job checking out signals, tightening up connections and installing a Technicolour version of the router, I didn’t really need any extra connections in the outer limits of my house.

This week I added three pods again, trying to get better connections for recently installed wireless tv boxes. Setup was easy and this time around my smart tv seemed to play better with the BlueCurve router in dual band, with the pods. All my Xi6 boxes are reporting “excellent” connection in all the rooms thanks to the pods.  I will run my wifi SweetSpots app to check network performance in few days once the network settles in. 

If you are at all considering the BlueCurve wireless streaming boxes you will be committed to the BlueCurve gear including the router and pods. 
If not and you just want to beef up your system Ubiquity and Netgear get good reviews for their mesh gear. If you are using BlueCurve cable modem/router be sure to use the Technicolour version. I found that one works really well. 

What is the step by step process to setup the extender vi...

SlickF
Grasshopper

What is the step by step process to setup the extender via bluecurve tv. Thanks

0 Kudos

Quoting a reply from 2 weeks ago on this thread, from "Pu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Quoting a reply from 2 weeks ago on this thread, from "PurpleRaven" ...

Setup is very easy.
I actually simply followed the instructions provided with the extenders ...

0 Kudos

To use these do you need to change your wifi modem to a b...

birdman
Grasshopper

To use these do you need to change your wifi modem to a bridge mode or something like that?

0 Kudos

So, I used the TP-Link AC1750, but since connecting it, m...

Gtener
Grasshopper

So, I used the TP-Link AC1750, but since connecting it, my network is no longer hidden. Anyone no why?

0 Kudos

> To use these do you need to change your wifi modem to a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> To use these do you need to change your wifi modem to a bridge mode ...

No, that is exactly the wrong thing to do -- it will disable the WiFi network inside the BlueCurve device, leaving the Shaw "pods" with nothing to connect to.

However, if you connect your own wired/wireless router to one of the Ethernet ports on the BlueCurve, you can create your own wireless network for your wireless devices, and then any wireless extenders will connect to the WiFi on your device.

BUT the real question is how do the Shaw test speeds comp...

Ken40
Grasshopper

BUT the real question is how do the Shaw test speeds compare at both hotspots !! My Netgear extender has an input/download rate of 40 vs 300 at the Bluecurve 600 box. Sadly output/upload  is only 20 at both locations. Need help there. 

0 Kudos

The $10.00 Rental is wrong in every way. Go buy your own...

RealSuport
Grasshopper

The $10.00 Rental is wrong in every way. Go buy your own router and mesh network for around $350.00. So many benefits your ISP can’t see past it, you can do whatever you want inside you own home, no additional extra costs every month. The list goes on. Look at the competition they sell extenders starter packs for 120.00 that you can add to. Look into it a bit you will see how easy it is to set up. 

TV 

does anyone know when pods are coming to ontario

samnic59
Grasshopper

does anyone know when pods are coming to ontario

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help